Switch only Presets not CC on Switchblade 8F

cvor

Hello. Expecting my switchblade tomorrow and basically using only 2 routing scenarios with it- 1 with my Mobius in amp effects loop and 1 with it in front of amp. This means there are 2 switchblade presets. Switchblade will also receive cc messages for each LT preset to have certain loops (all 3 strymon pedals) on or off. I'm looking to assign a LT button to toggle between the 2 switchblade presets without turning any effects on or off. I just like certain modulation and destroyer effects from Mobius in the amp effects loop and the rest like better in front of amp so want to switch routing on the fly. My thought was to create an IA action for a switchblade Program change with PC off 0 and PC on 1. Think this will work? Right now, I have switchblade set up in Devices tab to send PCs, redundant PCs and send CCs on preset change. Im guessing if I just send a PC message to the switchblade it shouldn't alter the state of any of the loops being on or off.

I know I can just connect the mobius to the amp and effects loop and not use switchblade for any CC messages but trying to avoid for couple reasons. First, I am using WDW setup and the reverb going on and off has a slight static sound when turning pedal on - in switchblade it will be on all the time and I just open or close the switchblade loop. Second, I may want to route Mobius to wet side at times which would not be possible without connecting it directly to switchblade.

You can definitely send a PC just to the Switchblade. I don't know enough about the Switchblade to know what it does when it receives a program change, but if a program change changes routing but not loop on/off state, then you're all set.

Back