Tempo bug with AFX3?

greiswig

Hi, all,

I’m wondering if anyone else is seeing this on their AxeFX3. Firmware 1.14 on the AFX, and the new Beta on the GT16. I managed to get the page I’ve been using working with the new firmware for the most part.

Every time I tap the tempo button, though, the AFX tempo goes from whatever the preset tempo is up to the max of 250. Seems like if I happen to tap again fairly quickly, it will average those taps. But meanwhile whatever is being controlled by the tempo is really fast.

This happens whether the AFX is in “average” or “last two” more, and whether I have the IA setto momentary or not on the GT.

Hi, all,

I’m wondering if anyone else is seeing this on their AxeFX3. Firmware 1.14 on the AFX, and the new Beta on the GT16. I managed to get the page I’ve been using working with the new firmware for the most part.

Every time I tap the tempo button, though, the AFX tempo goes from whatever the preset tempo is up to the max of 250. Seems like if I happen to tap again fairly quickly, it will average those taps. But meanwhile whatever is being controlled by the tempo is really fast.

This happens whether the AFX is in “average” or “last two” more, and whether I have the IA setto momentary or not on the GT.
Same thing here ....

Hi, all,

I have also noticed this (GT16) and as far as I have figured out the AFX3 "counts" both the "push in" and "release" of the TapTempo button, i.e. if you press and release quickly the Tempo will be in the 200+ range. Try to press - hold for e.g. 0.5 seconds - and release so that the time between the switch passes its "switching point" is approx. 0.5 seconds and see what tempo the AFX3 sets.

I got it working as it should by changing the "Action Type" on the "Button Settings" page to CC Momentary (in the lower part of the window under "IA Actions"). The "Momentary" box under the "IA Settings" (upper left in the Button Settings window) is not ticked.

I also tried to tick the "Momentary" box in the "IA Settings" and leaving the "Action Type" under the "IA Actions" to "CC Toggle" and that worked as well (and I don't understand the difference between my suggested two settings ;).

Picture - Tap tempo button settings.JPG

Interesting. I had tried setting that to momentary, and it did not seem to make a difference in my system.

However, I didn’t change the CC type in lower right.

Hope I can get this working, as press and hold, or even “down, up, down, up” is going to be hard to get used to!

Got it working properly. Button mode normal, type IA, do NOT select Momentary in the IA settings, and set the action type to CC Toggle, not CC Momentary. Counterintuitive to me, but it seems to be working.

One followup bug on the tempo: setting it to "Tempo flash" on that screen, I'm getting effectively two flashes per quarter note in rapid succession. Not eighths, but like dotted sixteenth triplets in a pair where the pulse ought to be.

Not critical, but as the tempos climb it starts to get harder to differentiate between that pulse pair and the actual quarter note.

I just loaded the new rjm beta and tempo works if I don’t enable show tempo and tempo synch to flash. Then I get the double flashes and it doesn’t go away. What settings am I missing?

Flash w/ tempo should be on, send and update on preset change should be off. That should be all that's required.

Flash w/ tempo should be on, send and update on preset change should be off. That should be all that's required.

Ron,
Checked settings and update/send preset is off. Here are my settings. When I turn off Show tempo for the tap tempo button, turn off show tempo and calctmpofl on setup page 2 the tempo button flashes normal.

Attachments

• dblflash.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I've got the same with the Axe FX II XL. Double flashes that sometimes disappear but most of the time they won't go away. I've made a short video of that but it's not allowed to attach a video file :-(
Send and update on Preset Change is off. I'm using Firmware 4.01 from May 2018.
Any Ideas?

Back