Tuner button disabling on scene change?

greiswig

I am currently using the GT16 NOT in the new scene-per-preset mode, just trying to use one page with several scene buttons to make changes. When I first power up the GT, the tuner button is enabled, connects with the AxeFX3, and I can tune. I can toggle it on and off as much as I like as long as I haven't changed scenes.

As soon as I change scenes, the tuner display goes dark, and I can't engage the tuner. Any ideas?

Additional information: if I change the CC# to anything 34 or under, the button on the GT behaves as I'd expect, minus sending anything useful to the AFX3 about the tuner. But any CC# of 35 or above, and the button locks up after a scene change.

As a workaround, I put in an AxeFX2 as a device on the same MIDI channel, and I'm using that CC from that button.

Last edited:
What are the other settings on that button? Is it the only button that has this problem?

Yes, that's the only one on this page that has the issue.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_JyCKxDUiTfmjx_Esyc4HixhrGF_QW4/view?usp=sharing

But presumably it is also the only button that is actually sending CC, and not sysex, right?

Last edited:
Tuner control is also sysex. Can you send me your actual settings file? I'm not seeing the same problem.

Back