Using 2 AC-4QTRS-10 for 2 amps not working out

phil b

Hi,
I have a Diezel Einstein and a Mesa Mark IV with an RG-16 using 2 separate 8 pin -4x1/4 TRS
cables. I have the footswitch mod to control the modes from channel one on the Einstein. I have read that you can separate one cable to control switches 1-4 and the 2nd cable to control 5-8 on the RG. For whatever reason I cant seem to get this to work and both amps are sharing the same switch, which just isnt working.
If I switch to a dirt channel on amp1 it will maybe go to clean on amp 2. if I press the switch button on the RG-16 it might turn off a clean channel on one amp and trigger the clean on the 2nd amp. Tried a bunch of combinations in the Mark 1/4 jacks with different colored cables but it just doesnt seem to work out. Is there a way to assign amp 1 to buttons 1-4 and amp 2 to buttons 5-8? Thanks!

All you need to do is make sure that you don't use the same colors for one amp that you use for the other - for example, use red and blue on the first cable one amp and use yellow and white on the second cable for the other amp. That will allocate switches 1-4 on the first amp and 5-8 for the second.

Hey Ron,
Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case but unfortunately the Mark IV needs 3 cables and no matter which one I choose for the third it just doesnt work out. Guess I will have to to just use 2 and 2 as a workaround. Was hoping for an independent 4 color for each amp.

Back