Using Amp Gizmo with G-Major and FCB1010 to Mark V

norm_t

Hi All,

Just placed an online order for an Amp Gizmo and custom cable for channel switching on a Mesa Mark V.

Watched your video on channel switching with G-System and Mesa Amp. Hoping this will work with G-Major and FCB1010 combination.

Here is the setup:

FCB1010/out <--midi cable-->in/ G-Major\out <--midi cable--> in/Amp Gizmo <--Special Mark V cable--> foot pedal in/Mark V

Currently using FCB1010 and G-Major and channel switching to Krank Head. Works fine.

Not sure about what I need to do when connecting "midi out" from G-Major to Amp Gizmo. Will I need to configure a different midi channel for Amp Gizmo (different from midi channel used for FCB1010)?

Thanks, Norm

Thanks for the order!

Typically, you'll want to set the Amp Gizmo to a different MIDI channel to than the G-Major, then set up the FCB1010 to send sequential program changes to the Amp Gizmo on that channel. Sequential meaning that preset #1 on the FCB sends program change 1, preset #2 sends program change #2, etc. Once you set this up on the FCB, then you can follow the programming instructions in the Amp Gizmo manual to do the actual setting of which channel turns on for each preset.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

OK, so the FCB1010 should connect directly into the Amp Gizmo.

I thought I could run the cable from the "midi output/thru" on the G-Major to the Amp Gizmo "midi in" thinking that the preset info would get to it in this manner.

I am also using the expression pedals on the FCB1010 to control volume (pedal #1) and other parameters (pedal #2) such as tremolo speed, chorus depth, etc... Hoping this functionality will not be affected if I do as you suggest.

Thanks for your help, Norm

You can certainly connect the G-Major to the FCB and the Amp Gizmo to the G-Major's thru. Either connection method will work identically.

Back