USING STEREO EFFECTS

@rjmmusic I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mono/stereo mixing in loops 7-10. Can you let me know if I have this right?

Loop 7 Mono pedal
Loop 8-10 Stereo Pedals

Input of pedal 7 would need a Ring Disconnect
Output of pedal 7 would need a Mono/Stereo converter cable
8-10 would need insert cables on both in/out

What if I wanted to go mono into 8, would that require a ring disconnect again?

Yes, if you want to use a mono cable in a loop send, a ring disconnect cable would be needed to insure that it doesn't interfere with parallel routing.

I could use a recommendation for the BestTronic cables. I have a 30x18 board I'm working off of. Should I get y cable with the right angle connector on the PBC or the straight connector? In other words if I get the right angle connectors can I point the angle down in the back of the PBC and still clear my pedal board?

I"ve currently got my board wired up in stereo. I've got a boss dc-2 in loop 7, boss md500 in loop 8, dd500 in loop 9 and rv500 in loop 10. I'm using stereo insert cables where all stereo jacks are available, and I'm using a ring disconnect cable on the input of the boss dc-2 since it only has a mono input.

Just for the sake of knowing for later. The switch going into jack 7 that decides whether it's stereo in or not is currently set for stereo since I'm using a ring disconnect cable, but would I also just be able to use a normal patch cable for the input and push the switch to the other position and it work properly?

You can use a standard cable to the input of the DC-2 only if you're never going to switch that pedal to be in parallel. Using a mono cable from Send 7 to the pedal input will cause you to lose your signal if loop 7 is parallel.

Question on one thing that doesn’t seem to be covered- what kind of cable needs to be used for a pedal with a TRS Stereo input- for example, I have a Hologram Microcosm. When I use a standard TRS > TRS cable, I’m only getting 1 side of the wet signal. What kind of cable should I use in this situation?

Question on one thing that doesn’t seem to be covered- what kind of cable needs to be used for a pedal with a TRS Stereo input- for example, I have a Hologram Microcosm. When I use a standard TRS > TRS cable, I’m only getting 1 side of the wet signal. What kind of cable should I use in this situation?
If you're connecting it to a stereo loop, a standard TRS cable should be enough. However, if you're connecting to a loop that has a mono send, you would need a mono to stereo converter cable.

If you're connecting it to a stereo loop, a standard TRS cable should be enough. However, if you're connecting to a loop that has a mono send, you would need a mono to stereo converter cable.
Thank you for the sanity check- after further inspection the TRS connector was just barely not plugged all into the looper which is why I was getting one side of the signal.

Hello Ron,
Starting a rebuild on my big board, and want to revisit this. I have Keeley caverns v2 in loop 7 running stereo, mono side of Strymon mobius in loop 8 (run it in pre/post mode), timeline stereo in loop 9 and big sky stereo in loop 10.

Let me see if i have this right:
Caverns will need a insert cable for input, and same on output.
Mobius mono will need a ring disconnect on input, and mono/stereo converter cable on output
Timeline and BigSky in loops 9 and 10 will need normal insert cables.
Mono>Stereo Switch on PBC set Should be Out?
mono output switch out, right?

Thank you.

Hello Ron,
Starting a rebuild on my big board, and want to revisit this. I have Keeley caverns v2 in loop 7 running stereo, mono side of Strymon mobius in loop 8 (run it in pre/post mode), timeline stereo in loop 9 and big sky stereo in loop 10.

Let me see if i have this right:
Caverns will need a insert cable for input, and same on output.
Mobius mono will need a ring disconnect on input, and mono/stereo converter cable on output
Timeline and BigSky in loops 9 and 10 will need normal insert cables.
Mono>Stereo Switch on PBC set Should be Out?
mono output switch out, right?

Thank you.

Mobius will need ring disconnect cables on both input and output. The others will need the TRS to dual TS insert cables as specified. I don't remember how the mono/stereo switch works off the top of my head.

I do want to note though that if you want to use the Caverns in stereo, then you'll want to swap it into loop 8 and put the Mobius in loop 7. Otherwise you'll just lose the stereo image running a stereo pedal into a mono pedal.

Mobius will need ring disconnect cables on both input and output. The others will need the TRS to dual TS insert cables as specified. I don't remember how the mono/stereo switch works off the top of my head.

I do want to note though that if you want to use the Caverns in stereo, then you'll want to swap it into loop 8 and put the Mobius in loop 7. Otherwise you'll just lose the stereo image running a stereo pedal into a mono pedal.
I had a feeling that might be the case. Man, swapping the programming for the mobius change is tremendous. I probably have several hundred presets with the mobius on it...uhg. Unless you know of a way to bulk edit. I will literally have to go through presets 1 at a time and make the same changes on all right?

I had a feeling that might be the case. Man, swapping the programming for the mobius change is tremendous. I probably have several hundred presets with the mobius on it...uhg. Unless you know of a way to bulk edit. I will literally have to go through presets 1 at a time and make the same changes on all right?

It's possible, but here's one thing you can at least try to see if it works: assuming you swap the two pedals in the loops, leave the button layout the same, and just swap which audio loop each button controls so that the Mobius button controls loop 7 and the Caverns is on loop 8. Hopefully that will switch everything up in the presets. I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past with success, but I will admit that it's not working when I try it from a default editor template. Worth a shot though!

Im ashamed to admit that i am back here for more schooling as my stereo pedals are not behaving as predicted. Have a look at what i have going on and if i have done something wrong.

Loop 7 is a Caverns. It is mono in and out. Im using a ring diconnect to feed it, and a mono to stereo converter on the out.

Loop 8 is the post side of a mobius. Its mono in and out. I am feeding it with a ring disconnect and returning it with a mono to stereo converter.

Loop 9 is a timeline. Stereo in, stereo out. Both sides insert cables.

Loop 10 is a Big Sky, stereo in, stereo out, both sides insert cables.

Loop 7 and 8 work fine to both amps.

Loop 9 in parallel goes to left side only if its the only effect on. I have dry at both amps, but delay only on left.

Loop 10 in Parallel works in stereo as it should.

What have i done wrong? Should the feed to the timeline be a ring disconnect also?

Thanks,

Nope. Certain they are both out.

Mono to stereo switch is out.

Stereo output switch is out.

Just as described in manual:
1640111754214.png
Cables were tested prior to install. I will test again this evening.
Are the cables i described above correct in application?

Your cables seem correct. The next test I recommend doing is to swap the pedals - and their cables - between loops 9 and 10. See if the problem follows the Timeline.

I did that. Did not follow timeline. Tested cables again on loop 9. Low and behold, a small solder burr had poked through the plastic sleeve on inside of plug. Ring (right) had shorted to sleeve.
Resolved at last.

Thanks.

is input 1 on the pbc6x a stereo input? I want to send a stereo synth I have into the switcher and maintain the stereo signal (if I skip loops 1-3). Should I run two ts mono lines into input 1 and 2?

Back