Volante and button page

P-air

I have created a button page for my Volante.
I have buttons 1 to 5 assigned to presets on the Volante (first action Volante/PC off: NONE on 1 trough 5
i have also added a Bypass CC action so that when i press a button it load the preset but also opens the ON button on the Volante. (Volante: Bypass / CC toggle #102 Off:0 on : 127)
All 5 switches on the PBC are grouped in group 2 on the Global to allow scrolling.

So if i press button 1 of the PBC to On, the Volante switches to preset 1 and the On switch lights up on the Volante. If i press button 2 the Volante switches to preset 2 etc. and if i press the button on the PBC to off the Volante ON switch lights off, putting the Volante on Bypass.

Each of the 5 buttons on the PBC has the "Send on preset change" and "Update state on preset change" clicked.

The problem i have is that the status of the Bypass mode is not stored on the PBC presets.
For ex: If i open Button 1on the PBC's Volante page The Volante moves to preset one and the ON switch of the Volante lights up and i can hear delay. I store to preset 1 of the PBC but when i go to preset 1 on the PBC the Volante moves to the right preset but the on switch does not light up.

What am i doing wrong?

By the way i have the same problem if i set-up a H-9 button page the way i did the Volante page.
On the button page PC and CC are sent to the unit with the proper responses fron the H9.
But the Bypass mode is not saved to preset.

Turn on "Send CCs on Preset Change" for the Volante on its device settings. That should send the bypass recall settings per preset.

For some weird reason the problem seems to be preset related.
Everything works fine in preset 1 trough 4 on each Bank, but on preset 5 of each bank the Volante and the H9 status does not saved to preset.
I checked every button page on those presets... can't find the problem.

When you press a grouped button, the button that you're turning on will send its messages, but also the button that's being turned off will also send its messages. In your configuration, one of the buttons will send a bypass "on" messages but the other will send a bypass "off" message. Depending on the order the messages come out, that will result in the pedal being on or off, perhaps not what you want.

To stop this, turn off "Send off messages" in the Globals tab for the button group you're using. With that turned off, only the button that you press will send its messages, and the button that automatically turns off will not.

Thanks for answering,
What i would like is have a page for the Volante and a page for the H9.
I would like to have 5 or 6 buttons with my favorite preset on the units.
Each button would send a MIDI PC and a CC message to have the unit ON.
That part works, but i would like to save to preset the MIDI PC and the )n or Off status (Bypass)
The MIDI PC is saved to preset but not the CC Bypass message.

Basically what is described in page 57 and 58 of the manual under the chapter "turn a loop off when all buttons are turn Off"
But instead of c opening a loop it would but the units out of bypass.
With grouped buttons with their status remembered to presets.

Maybe it is not possible?

Last edited:
It's definitely possible with the right configuration. If you send me your settings file, I can make recommendations.

Hi,

Here it is.

Thanks again for everything

Attachments

• Mastermind 16-04-19.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I don't see any CC bypass actions in your file - if you add a CC #102 off:0 on:127 to each of those buttons, it should work.

I don't see any CC bypass actions in your file - if you add a CC #102 off:0 on:127 to each of those buttons, it should work.

Oups, Maybe i sent you the file where i added another button, not grouped, with CC bypass on the Volante and the H9 pages.
And deleted the CC action on the buttons leaving them to just send PC messages.

When i add the 102 CC (on the Volante page or CC 10 to the H9 page), to each of the grouped buttons that send PC messages.. I do get PC changes and CC Bypass when i press a button, but the bypass statue does'nt save to preset.
I tried also to have the CC bypass i each group in Global to no avail.

So what, works is having the buttons assigning PC message in a group and having another button to send CC bypass status.
Now everything gets save to preset but i need to step 2 buttons each time wich is a drag.

Regards,

There should be a way to make it work the way you want. If you'd like to pursue this further, set up another file in the way you describe and I can adjust it.

Back