Will this work like I think?

scottmcg

Hello everyone,

I currently play a Godin LGXT. The guitar has three outputs, Electric (Humbuckers), Acoustic (piezo pickups), and 13 Pin Synth access.
The electric signal goes through a chain of two pedals, an overdrive, and a Banshee talkbox.
The reverb and other effects are handled by a TC G-Force running through the effects loop of the amp which is miked.
The acoustic runs to a Sans amp DI w/ a reverb pedal in its effects loop and out to the PA
The synth goes to a Roland GR33 and out in stero to a stereo DI to the PA.
I have been using a stereo A-B-Y pedal to switch the acoustic and electric sounds.
I use the switch on the guitar to turn on the synth.
I already have a midi footswitch and an amp gizmo to switch amp channels and presets on the TC.
As you can imagine the tap dance can get pretty intense.
I want a one button solution for any possible combinations of sounds.
So....
If I get the rack gizmo, I can:
run the electric output of the guitar to audio loop 5 return, then out of loop 5 send into the front panel input.
Run the acoustic out into loop 6 the same way with the send going to the sans amp.
Run the left and right outputs of the GR33 to loops 7 and 8. Sends going to DI.
Put the Overdrive and the Banshee into loops 1 and 2 and run the click stopper out to the amp.
Hook up the amp cable to the Mesa F30.
Add my midi footswitch and I will be able to create any sound combination with just one button press.
opening loop 5 and 7 and 8 would turn on Synth + electric. 6-7-8 would do synth and acoustic, etc.

Can audio loops be used like this, since there will be nothing in the inputs at loops 5-8, only the sends and returns. It's my understanding that if I ran my signals in the inputs and outputs of Ch 5-8 they will not turn off when the loop is closed.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to use a loop as a mute switch, you would use the input and send jacks. When the loop is off, the Send jack is grounded. When the loop is on, the input is connected to the send.

I'd also use the rear panel "Buf In" or "Input 1-4" jacks instead of the front panel jack - it would make the wiring cleaner.

With those corrections, though, it'll work!

Back