Wireless USB Bluetooth to Editor

I’m wondering if anyone has used a Bluetooth USB dongle of some sort to connect to the editor wirelessly? If not with the PBC on any device like the strymon etc.. ? I’m trying to reduce USB cables on the pedalboard. I know there is WiDi for wireless midi so I’m hoping it’s possible to connect wirelessly (close range) to the editor.

Thanks

Last edited:
I haven't tried it, but that one should work as long as you connect it to the USB device port on the PBC. (The "To Computer" port on a PBC/10, or the only USB port on a PBC/6X).

I haven't tried it, but that one should work as long as you connect it to the USB device port on the PBC. (The "To Computer" port on a PBC/10, or the only USB port on a PBC/6X).
It looks like support needs to be added from your end to connect external “bluetooth” devices (inside Midi Studio) otherwise it doesn’t recognize that anything is plugged in. It does work with other devices that have added support. See attached.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.07.57 PM.png

It does show up, as WIDI Uhost - the system wouldn't be able to recognize it as anything else. Have you tried going into editor settings and setting the MIDI input and output to WIDI Uhost?

Thank you, definitely forgot to enable that setting. It seems to be working however I did notice the transfer rate to read the PBC settings took ~3 minutes to load at 4 feet away :oops:. I need to update my editor + firm to v5, hopefully that will help speed things up a little. dunno. Glad to be able to have this wireless capability finally although the xfer speed isn't ideal.

Thank you, definitely forgot to enable that setting. It seems to be working however I did notice the transfer rate to read the PBC settings took ~3 minutes to load at 4 feet away :oops:. I need to update my editor + firm to v5, hopefully that will help speed things up a little. dunno. Glad to be able to have this wireless capability finally although the xfer speed isn't ideal.
Were you able to find a solution to this? Have you tried asking CME?
I too intended to use CME WIDI.

Were you able to find a solution to this? Have you tried asking CME?
I too intended to use CME WIDI.
I’m going to troubleshoot more on my end first to see if I can speed things up (switching cables, firmware etc). Just FYI — To use the CME WiDi you’ll need to power it with 5v so using a 12v to 5v step down is a must.

I’m going to troubleshoot more on my end first to see if I can speed things up (switching cables, firmware etc). Just FYI — To use the CME WiDi you’ll need to power it with 5v so using a 12v to 5v step down is a must.
I do have the 5V 1 Amp port on my CIOKS DC7 I could use to do that. What cable are you using to do that step-down conversion?

I'm using 12V to 5V DC USB Buck Converter (amazon) and a reverse polarity cable. Then from the converter a Usb to Usb-c cable to widi Host

I'm using 12V to 5V DC USB Buck Converter (amazon) and a reverse polarity cable. Then from the converter a Usb to Usb-c cable to widi Host
I'm glad I asked. That's a killer find! It looks like it's even smaller than the Mission Engineering 529 power converter (unaffiliated link) which does the opposite and converts from USB to DC power. Thank you!

Back