Wiring for stereo effects loop (9 - 12)

Lars Bøgh

I'm in the planning phase of moving all my effects loop pedals from my Schmidt-Array board to a rack, leaving space on the board for other stuff.

This involves my 3 strymons: Mobius, Timeline and Big Sky and a Boss DD7 pedal. - It's all controlled by a Mastermind PBC.

I hate to discover I'm missing a cable, when assembling the new stuff, so here's my question:

currently on my board I'm running these stereo pedals in loop 7 thru 10 on my PBC. - The wiring is mono cable into "In 7-10" and then insert cables for connecting the 4 pedals in stereo. - From here, via output A+B, back to L+R of stereo combo Rivera S120.

In the rack I plan using a RJM Effect Gizmo for managing the 4 stereo loops - and now to the point: the cable from effects out (effect loop on my Rivera) which is mono, I plan to plug into "In 9" on the Effects Gizmo. - Should this end be an TS jack or a TRS jack?
Also, I assume I'll need a TRS insert cable, for the connection between "Out 12" on the Effects Gizmo and the L+R returns for the Rivera effects loop?

Thank you.

The cable from amp's loop send to In 9 should be TS on the amp side, and TRS on the Effect Gizmo side, with the tip and ring tied together. This creates a stereo (really, dual mono) signal to feed loops 9-12.

You're correct that an insert cable is what you would use to go from Out 12 to effect loop returns.

But what if you're using two seperate amps? I see it as needing an insert cable with the two TS connections in each amps Send loop and the TRS going into the In 9. All the stereo effects connected via inserts, and then out with a insert and one of each TS going to the returns of the return on back of each amp. Is this correct?

But what if you're using two seperate amps? I see it as needing an insert cable with the two TS connections in each amps Send loop and the TRS going into the In 9. All the stereo effects connected via inserts, and then out with a insert and one of each TS going to the returns of the return on back of each amp. Is this correct?

That's correct.

Back