World Cup 2010

MartinCliffe

So, the ultimate pub thread - the world cup started today in South Africa. Be interesting to see who does well this time around. It won't be England! I for one will be cheering on Denmark, as the only Scandinavian nation that made it through to the tournament.

US vs UK today, Martin! No worries, I'm sure we'll lose. Not that most Americans will notice one way or another... :)

Well, the US probably did better than expected, but the most notable thing around here is that this is the first time that there was some significant buzz and excitement about the whole thing. In prior years, I scarcely even heard anyone mention the world cup, but this year it was all over the place. We may be a bit slow on the uptake, but we catch on eventually!

To be honest, I'm not much of a sports fan in general, but the level of interest was interesting in itself. :) I did actually watch a bit of some World Cup games, (which is quite unusual for me), but have not been watching much at all now that the US is out.

Back