The Mastermind GT is the result of years of research and development, using modern technology to create what we believe is the best MIDI foot controller ever made. Our initial prototype shown at the Winter 2011 NAMM Show drew an unprecedented amount of attention from all over the music industry: guitarists, DJs, keyboardists, producers and more. We’ve made many improvements over that original prototype and are now ready to deliver it to market.
By adding a display over every button, we’ve made it possible to have a fully configurable MIDI controller. Any button can be assigned to any function, and colors and button text are fully configurable by the user. Buttons can send multiple MIDI messages of several types, and there can be up to 16 pages of buttons so you will always have access to all of the functions your rig has available.
Add in other features such as user upgradeable firmware, USB thumb drive support and built-in support for many popular MIDI devices, and you can see why there has been so much buzz about this product.
- 22 buttons, with an LCD display over every button. Any button can be set to perform any function (preset, IA, bank up/down, tap tempo, etc.) and the LCD will indicate what the button does. No more board tape!
- A large main LCD display shows the preset number, preset name and/or song name
- Phantom power capability allows you to run the Mastermind GT with a single MIDI cable – no separate power supply needed
- More than one Mastermind GT can be connected together and used in multiple locations on stage
- Jacks to connect four expression pedals and four external switches allow for lots of control over connected effects processors and other MIDI devices
- Two auxilliary 9VDC power outlets for tuner, wah pedal, etc
- USB support for direct connection to a PC or Mac
- USB thumb drive input allows you to save and restore settings to a thumb drive
- Editor software for PC and Mac
- Advanced on-board editing capability which makes this controller very easy to program, even without using the editor software
- Built for the rigors of the road with high quality components throughout
- 3 year limited warranty
- Made in the USA
- Number of instant access buttons, preset buttons and bank size are all user definable – any button can be assigned to any function
- 768 presets, 16 pages of buttons and 16 connected devices
- Preset buttons can send a program change to all 16 devices with a single tap
- In addition to sending program changes to each device, preset buttons can also send up to 10 other MIDI messages (any combination of CC, PC, Note or Sysex)
- IA buttons can send up to 20 messages (any combination of CC, PC, Note or Sysex)
- Expression pedal inputs: 4. Accepts expression pedals using TRS jacks, high or low impedance
- External switches: 2 TRS jacks for a total of 4 switches. Momentary switches required.
- 7-pin DIN connectors for MIDI input and output
- 6-pin XLR connectors for MIDI connections to other RJM devices
(Available on 22 button model only)
- USB “A” connector for connection to a USB thumb drive
- USB “B” connector for connection to a PC or Mac
- Phantom power received over DIN and XLR MIDI output jacks
(XLR jacks only available on 22 button model)
- Accessory power outputs: 9VDC center negative, standard BOSS-style connector. 100mA total current for both jacks combined.
- Dimensions: 19.4 (W) x 14.1 (D) x 3.25 (H) inches / 49.3 x 35.8 x 8.3 cm
- Weight: 10lb / 4.5kg
- Power Requirements: 12VDC @ 1500mA, center positive, 2.1mm ID / 5.5mm OD barrel connector
The Mastermind GT series MIDI controllers are the most advanced controllers on the market. They’re ideal for any situation where you need to control multiple MIDI devices, or for controlling MIDI-based computer applications. You can control up to 16 MIDI devices, and can set up 768 presets, 1008 songs and 64 setlists. The Mastermind GT’s buttons are fully configurable by the user. Any button can be set to any function, and you can have multiple pages of buttons, each of them with a different button layout.
All of the Mastermind series have the same MIDI capabilities. The main thing that sets the Mastermind GT apart from the others is that the Mastermind GT has an LCD display over every button. This makes it easier to know what each button does at a glance. This makes the Mastermind GT the most versatile MIDI controller – you can set up different button pages with different button functions and switch between them on the fly, always being able to clearly read the LCDs and know what each button does.
The Mastermind GT is extremely easy to program. For many devices, the work has all been done for you. Simply tell the GT which devices you have and then you can start assigning buttons to control functions on those devices. The Mastermind GT contains a database of information about popular MIDI devices, so it knows how to set itself up to control them. The Mastermind GT is also 100% user customizable. You can program any button to control whatever you want.
Simply put, you can make changes on either the device itself or in the editor, without having to have the GT in front of you. Just connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and write the changes you’ve made. You can also import changes made on the GT into the editor and save them. All three of the Mastermind GT’s have a software editor available for Mac and PC. You can find the link to download the editor you need in the buttons above.
The Mastermind GT is compatible with all MIDI-enabled devices. Many of the most popular MIDI-enabled devices have been preloaded in the software editor and all of their CCs (continuous controller messages) have been uploaded into the software. No more having to search through manuals to find the CC # you need. If you the device you want to control with the GT is not on the list, you can set up a generic MIDI device in the editor and still control it. If you have any questions regarding a certain MIDI device, or would like to see it added to the database of available devices, feel free to post your MIDI device suggestion at the official RJM Music Technology Forum or you can email support: email@example.com