End the pedal tap dance once and for all!
If you’re tired of tap dancing across your amp’s footswitch and all of your effects pedals, the RG-16 for you! It provides 8 audio loops, 8 function switches and a high quality audio buffer in a single rack space. Using the RG-16, you can switch your pedal effects and control your amp with a single MIDI footswitch. Just one button press can switch channels and turn on any of your effects pedals!
- Use the RG-16 to move your valuable pedals off the floor and into a rack, out of harm’s way. All you need at the front of the stage is a MIDI foot controller
- 8 true-bypass audio loops allow you to preserve your guitar’s tone. Unused effects – and the cables that connect them – are switched completely out of your signal path
- Relay-based switching offers the most transparent sounding audio switching available
- The built-in audio buffer improves tone even further, reducing level and treble loss from long cable runs
- Controls the channel switching (and other footswitchable features) of one or two amps
- Compatibility with all MIDI controllers
- Easy to program and use
- 8 audio loops for effect switching (Loops 1-4 internally wired in series, Loops 5-8 are independent)
- Bypassable audio buffer, can be positioned at any insert point between loops with patch cables
- Two 8-pin DIN jacks for amp control. Uses the same interface cables as the Amp Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo
- 256 presets, arranged in two banks of 128
- Responds to MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. (9VAC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- Dimensions: 19 x 7.25 x 1.75 inches (48.3 x 18.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 4lb, 4oz (1.8 kg)
This is a list of amplifiers that we know are compatible with the RG-16. Compatibility means that the amp’s channels and other footswitchable functions can be controlled by your RJM product. If your amplifier is not listed here, please contact us. We’ll help you figure out if your amp is compatible.
Amps with 1/4-inch switching jacks
Most amps that have 1/4" switching jacks are compatible with our products using our 1/4" adapter cable (part number AC-4QTRS-10). This cable connects to the 8-pin jacks on our products and has four 1/4" stereo plugs on the other side. This works with almost all amps with one to four 1/4" switching jacks.
Create your own: Use this blank template to create your own diagram.