MIDI control your amp for less!
The Switch Gizmo is our most cost-effective solution for adding MIDI capabilities to guitar amplifiers. It can connect to almost any guitar amplifier that uses one or two 1/4-inch mono or TRS jacks for its footswitch. This covers the majority of amps on the market. With the Switch Gizmo, you can control your amp’s channel switching and any other footswitchable features of your amps from a MIDI controller or MIDI enabled effects processor like the Line 6 POD HD500, Boss GT-100 and others.
What’s the difference between the Switch Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo?
The Mini Amp Gizmo is specifically designed for amps that have complex footswitches and proprietary footswitch connectors. These amps require a Mini Amp Gizmo and an interface cable made for that specific model of amp. Amps like the Mesa Rectifier and Road King series, Bogner Ecstasy and Blackstar HT Stage series are examples of amps that work well with the Mini Amp Gizmo.
The Switch Gizmo is made specifically for amps that use 1/4-inch mono or TRS jacks for its footswitch. No special interface cable is needed, only the appropriate off-the-shelf 1/4-inch cable(s). It works with a variety of amps including the Marshall DSL, Mesa Lonestar, Mark V:25, Mini Rectifier and many, many others.
- High quality relays for maximum compatibility and reliability
- Each TRS jack is electrically isolated from the other, making it possible to connect to two amps simultaneously
- Both latching and momentary switching are supported, further increasing compatibility
- Can be controlled by both MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Stores up to 256 presets
- Accepts 9V to 12V, AC or DC (Power supply sold separately)
- Can phantom power MIDI controllers that accept power over a 7-pin MIDI cable
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum enclosure
- Made in the USA
- 3 year limited warranty
- 30 day money back guarantee (available when you purchase directly from RJM Music, contact your dealer for information on guarantees they offer)
- 4 function switches, connected to two 1/4-inch TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) jacks
- 256 presets, arranged in 2 banks of 128
- Responds to both MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. Uses pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable.
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 1.5 inches (10.2 x 10.2 x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 10.3oz (300 g)
- Power requirements: 9V-12V AC or DC (either polarity) @ 150mA
(Power supply sold separately)
- Made in the USA
Most amps that have one to four 1/4-inch footswitch or external switching jacks are compatible with the Switch Gizmo. The exception to this is any amp that has a footswitch that has one 1/4-inch plug but more than two buttons. These footswitches use proprietary electronics and are not compatible with the Switch Gizmo.
Compatible Amps (partial list)
- Friedman Amps (all models)
- Marshall DSL
- Mesa Lonestar
- Mesa Mark II and III
- Mesa Mark IV and V (partial functionality – use a Mini Amp Gizmo for better results)
- Mesa Mark V 25
- Mesa Mini Rectifier
- Mesa Rectoverb 25
- Mesa Dual and Triple Rectifier (partial functionality – use a Mini Amp Gizmo for better results)
- Orange Amps (all models)
- Peavey 5150 and 6505
- Splawn (all models)
- and many, many more (please contact us if you have questions!)
- Fender Hot Rod series (supported using Mini Amp Gizmo)
- Fender Super-Sonic
- Fender Twin w/ 4 button footswitch
- Marshall YJM
- Marshall Haze
- Marshall MG series w/ "Stompware" footswitch
NOTE! We’re now offering special Switch Gizmo cables for a select few amps that were not able to be supported in the past. You can find these cables in our web store