We recently posted the 2.0 release of the Mastermind GT firmware on our website. This is by far the biggest expansion of the Mastermind GT’s capabilities since its release. with many new features, including:
- Expansion to 640 presets – on all GT hardware, no hardware upgrade required!
- Expansion to 20 actions per button
- Hold a button for a 2nd function
- IA Cycle buttons (pressing a button can cycle through up to 4 states)
- The ability to have a different button page for each preset
- Preset actions allow you to have a preset send messages when it’s selected – no need to use an IA button to do this anymore if you don’t want to. Each preset can have 10 actions.
- Sysex messages (and the ability to send any user-specified MIDI message)
- IA Link allows you set up IA buttons so that turning one button on will turn the others on
- The ability to adjust the button repeat rate
- External switches are now stored like expression pedals – there are global settings, and each preset can override them. They are no longer tied to specific button pages
- Axe-Fx II XL support
- Major changes to Kemper support – “Auto Names” mode allows you to display the performance and performance slot names in real time without doing a separate “Get Preset Names” step. Also added IA buttons for delay w/tails and reverb w/tails.
- Preset Number button type allows you to select a preset by typing in a number
- Better synchronization between GTs in remote mode
- Various bug fixes
The editor has the changes required to support the above features, and improvements to the UI that hopefully make it easier to use. It also has a new feature: “Send changes to device”. When in an editing session, it will only send the settings that you’ve changed since the last time you sent or received the settings to/from the device. The first time you transfer in an editing session, it will send everything, but subsequent sends will be much quicker.
Please remember that we listen to our users’ requests! Many of the features we added in 2.0 were requested by our customers. If you have any comments or suggestions for future improvements, please let us know!