Expression pedal control

ekkomouse

i would like to have the pbc connect to an expression pedal and then be able to have the pbc send any midi connected pedal a midi expression cc. This would be a device in the editor and could be set to control a different midi device expression (channel and cc) per preset.

There would also be the possibility of assigning any IA button to control a specific pedal with the expression function.

Also an IA button (or the same button) that scrolls through the different device expression control like preset up/down does currently. Not grouping but going through the list, I have seven devices that take midi expression.

To really make it fun, the pbc could have sine, square, saw, random and more automatic modes to have the expression controlled automatically. This would be assigned per preset and also able to be selected/scrolled independently from another IA button.

i would like to have the pbc connect to an expression pedal and then be able to have the pbc send any midi connected pedal a midi expression cc. This would be a device in the editor and could be set to control a different midi device expression (channel and cc) per preset.

I'm probably misreading this, but I don't see how this is different from what we can do now?

I apologize my explanation was somewhat incomplete.

I would love to be able to treat the PBC like an expression pedal device in the presets area with its own expression presets. Meaning have move than 4 expression pedals as there are a lot of pedals with multiple midi parameters controllable by expression. Kemper has 10, strymons, h9 has some, elektron analog drive has 6, a looper pedal has 6, ableton live has many if interfacing with the computer, there are lots of things that could be controlled by cc.

With so many possible parameters available to control by cc, having expression settings show up in the presets area makes sense so you can assign a starting expression preset. Then the ability to setup a page where you could bank up/down button the expression device presets, and/or organize quick IA buttons that jump to specific well used expression settings and my last thing was about using lfo waves to control the expression which would exponentially expand the need for presets on the expression control device.

I have a Source Audio Reflex expression pedal and essentially was thinking a lot of that functionality could be internal to the PBC.

Ah, I see. in 4.0, there will be an expression pedal action that will be able to choose from 128 (maybe more) different expression pedal settings. This is pretty much what you're asking for, I think. The presentation will be a bit different - it won't be specific to the presets tab - but it will be able to be used anywhere there's an action list.

Back