Expression Pedal Mission Engineering for Axe Fx

Andrea

Hi, I bought a used MasterMind for my axe fx II, I'm interesting to buying a mission engineering expression pedal, the one with spring load (ep1 spl).
My question is: will it works with "pedal in" of my MasterMind or I need the rjm version of this pedal?

Last edited:
You can use a standard EP1 Mission pedal, but it needs to be reverse polarity or have a polarity switch in order for it to work correctly. It's very easy to convert a standard Mission pedal to reverse polarity as well, as long as you're fairly good at soldering.

Fortunately I'm good at soldering. The only thing that I have to do is reverse tip and ring of my cable, am I right?

Fortunately I'm good at soldering. The only thing that I have to do is reverse tip and ring of my cable, am I right?

Exactly right! It can be done in a cable, or in a hand-wired pedal like the Mission pedals, you can just switch the tip and ring wires inside the pedal itself.

I can't tell for sure without seeing more, but typically black is the color code for ground so it would be the sleeve. In that case, red and green would be the ones to swap.

Back