MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 4.0.1 / EDITOR 4.0.2 RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
At long last, here's Mastermind GT editor and Firmware 4.0.
There are quite a few features and fixes, here are most of them:

Device Support
  • Added the Tap Button CC to Strymon pedals
  • Added missing Bypass CC for the Strymon Mobius
  • Added support for MD-500 and RV-500
  • Added support for Empress Echosystem, Reverb, Tremolo and Phaser
Expression Pedals
  • You can now define up to 128 expression pedal settings blocks. There's a System / ExpPedal action that allows you to switch expression pedal settings on the fly. This replaces expression pedal grouping
External Switches
  • External switches can now have different functions on different button pages (in addition to the per-preset settings they already have).
  • External switches now pay attention to color settings: setting a color to black means "LED off" and any other color means "LED on"
Presets
  • Each preset can now have a button color assigned to it. When a preset button calls up a preset, its button color will be displayed on that preset button (if any color is assigned). This only affects the button when it's on.
  • Each preset can be assigned an alternate preset number. There's a new "Alternate" setting for the "Preset 2nd Press" global setting - when this setting is active, pressing a preset button a second time will recall the preset's alternate preset.
Song / Setlist:
  • It's now possible to select a preset that's not part of the current song, and also possible to select a song that's not part of the current setlist. The current location within song and setlist are preserved, so preset -/+ and song -/+ still function correctly.
  • There is now a System / Song action that allows you to select songs from an IA button, macro, etc. Special values are "None", "Previous" and "Next"
  • The System / Setlist action now has special values "None", "Same", "Previous" and "Next"
  • When switching setlists, will always reset to the first song and preset in the setlist
Tempo
  • Each preset can set a tempo division for the MIDI clock output and the Auto Tap feature
  • Presets can specify a tempo value, or special values "Off", "Same", "Song"
  • Songs can specify a tempo value, or special values "Off", "Same", "Preset"
  • There is now a System / BPM action that allows you to set tempos on the fly. Special values are "Off", "Same", "Song", "Preset", "Plus 1", "Plus 0.1", "Minus 1", "Minus 0.1"
  • There's a setting that enables or disables sending of MIDI start and stop messages when the clock starts and stop
  • There's a setting that enables or disables sending MIDI clock to the secondary output pins of the Remote in port.
  • "Ignore Preset Tempos" setting forces the system to ignore all tempos in presets and act as if the tempo was set to "Song"
  • There is now an "Auto" setting for the "MIDI Clock" parameter. This one makes the system a clock master unless a clock is received from the USB port or Remote In port, in which case it becomes a clock slave
Other Features
  • You can now format flash drives from the setup menu
  • MIDI Forwarding setting allows you to use the GT as a USB MIDI interface for other MIDI devices. Works well with Strymon pedals and the Nixie software on a PC or Mac.
  • PC actions now have "Same" and "Prev" values. The former sends the most recently sent PC again. The latter sends the 2nd to last PC again
  • Added a System / IA Store action
  • There are now "Copy to Preset" and "Copy from Preset" options accessible by right-clicking on presets in the Presets tab of the editor.
  • IA Cycle buttons now have a "Menu" option. When set, pressing the button will bring up a menu of your cycle steps for you to choose from, instead of just moving to the next step.
  • There are now Sysex messages that allow a computer app to receive button notification of button presses and releases, and for an app to set the text, color and state of any button.
FIXES SINCE THE BETA RELEASE
  • Fixed bug in the editor that prevented certain global settings from getting updated correctly
  • Fixed a memory problem that caused problems when using a lot of MIDI devices
  • Completely removed Pedal Grouping (use IA Cycle & System / ExpPedal actions instead)
  • Made hold time editable to the same range of values on the GT and in the editor (200-4000ms)
  • When converting from 3.x, presets that have a tempo of 0 will now be converted to the special value "Song" (use the song's tempo), instead of "None" (don't send tempo)
  • Fixed a problem that prevented editing expression pedals 2-4
  • Fixed an editor bug that caused save files to not contain expression pedal data
FIXES IN 4.0.1
  • Fixed preset button highlighting
  • Fixed drag and drop of buttons on local button pages
FIXES IN 4.0.2 (editor release only)
  • Fixed an error in the button popup menu
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 3.1 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT401.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.0.2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.0.2.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.0.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Last edited:
Can't seem to get my local page name to appear like the others do. Local page shows preset ## followed by name of preset. All the other pages show as intended with page name in top border and preset name larger under (no numbers). Since the update, I can't get my local pages to look like this and they used to.

Attachments

• Newest4.0.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
I didn't find any local page names defined in your settings. Once I added one, the name was displayed. Maybe there's a settings conversion issue that causes the names to be lost when moving to 4.0 (haven't had time to look into it yet), but the names show up once they're set.

You are entirely correct. I overlooked the page name window. I think the name got lost in conversion and I just didnt see it. Once I added the name into the 4.0 editor, it transfers over and shows just fine. Thank you very much!

Just released editor 4.0.1, which fixes a bug involving drag and drop on local button pages. The bug would screw up button states on other pages.

Just to be clear: the beta version of the editor did not crash, the 4.01 did.

Last edited:
Just installed 4.01, editor and firmware. I read from my GT16 and switch to the button tab in the editor and click on a button and it crashes and closes, seems to be the same as the above right mouse click crash. Help?

Just loading the editor and right clicking will crash it fyi.

Last edited:
Just installed 4.01, editor and firmware. I read from my GT16 and switch to the button tab in the editor and click on a button and it crashes and closes, seems to be the same as the above right mouse click crash. Help?

Just loading the editor and right clicking will crash it fyi.

Do you mean right clicking on the Buttons tab, or anywhere? And, are you using Windows?

Do you mean right clicking on the Buttons tab, or anywhere? And, are you using Windows?

Windows 10 64 bit. If I right click anything, was trying to right click on a button to change something. Just hangs. And crash.

If i don't right click i'm ok, got my changes done i needed, so no rush, just annoying at this point.

Last edited:
Right clicking on a button crashes the editor
Right clicking on the button page displays the context menu

Also crashing here on Mac OS 10.9.5

After i connect to the GT10 and read settings from device, as soon as i try and edit something (eg go to the songs menu), the whole editor crashes and the main editor window goes black.

Here is the error message:

F7E93876-2645-4E64-BC0D-A5D6526749AF.jpeg

Editor 4.0.2 fixes the crash in the Windows version. Also fixes less major issues with that popup menu in the Mac version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back