Pro Tools and Mastermind LT

johnnym

Hi
Anyone here use Pro Tools? I wish to use my LT Pedal for controlling Play/record/stop/ Punch in etc, but just don't know where to begin. I already use my pedal for Axe FX3, but would like to make full use of it

In Pro Tools the CC number for play is 117, but is the button a preset, IA?? Apologies for being so stupid here, but once I can understand the basics I reckon I will be ok
I can see the pedal in Pro Tools but again Im not sure how to configure.

If anyone has any experience of this I would be so grateful

Many Thanks

You would use IA buttons for this. For example, set up a button that's IA type. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary (pretty sure you'd want it momentary for this application). Then, add this action to the button:

Pro Tools / CC Toggle #117 off:0 on:127

(You'll need to set up a Pro Tools device in the Devices tab. For manufacturer and model, set it to Generic PC/CC Device. Set MIDI Port to USB)

Great....Thank you. Will give it a go. One more question though........

Why set Midi port to USB? I am coming out of midi in/out from LT into Steinberg UR44 midi in/out. Is it better to use USB from LT into computer as opposed to using Midi in/out?

In Pro Tools I have Fractal Axe and Steinberg UR44 set as aggregate devices..so two sound cards in one.

Last edited:
Great....Thank you. Will give it a go. One more question though........

Why set Midi port to USB? I am coming out of midi in/out from LT into Steinberg UR44 midi in/out. Is it better to use USB from LT into computer as opposed to using Midi in/out?

In Pro Tools I have Fractal Axe and Steinberg UR44 set as aggregate devices..so two sound cards in one.

I assumed that it was directly connected to the computer by USB because you said you could see the pedal in Pro Tools. It wouldn't show up as a MIDI device on the computer unless it was directly connected. (I"m guessing you meant something different).

In any event, the way you're doing it is fine too. Glad to hear it's working!

Seemed to make more sense doing it the way you suggested...less cables and it works!

Another problem for you though......

I set the play button Green and the record button Red. What I wish to achieve is for the button colour to stay on. For example if I press Play, I would like the green button to stay on and turn off if I press Stop or press the play button again. Same thing with forward, rewind, stop and loop. How can I achieve this?

Sorry to bombard you with all this

Thank You.
Can all this be achieved in one program instead of me having to load my Fractal Axe settings and then load my Pro Tools settings. Could I load up Fractal Axe settings and then have the pro Tools settings on a page?
Flying off on holiday this morning so will try it all out when I get back.

Thank You.
Can all this be achieved in one program instead of me having to load my Fractal Axe settings and then load my Pro Tools settings. Could I load up Fractal Axe settings and then have the pro Tools settings on a page?
Flying off on holiday this morning so will try it all out when I get back.

Yes, you can have different pages for different devices. Just make sure that the Axe-Fx and Pro Tools are set to different MIDI channels.

Back