HX Stomp snapshot midi toggle

Declan

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best way of getting snapshots working in a preset. At the moment I have my PBC set to 2nd press - alternate. I use this to turn on a boost and a midi pedal for instance - the main preset is set for what I want active and the alternate preset has extra audio loops on and also sends midi commands to toggle pc and cc numbers for my Big Sky and Timeline. This all works fine for how I need it to, but now since I have the HX Stomp it's not working as there is a gap in sound when changing presets on the Stomp. I am now trying to figure out how to toggle between snapshots using midi in the same way - using 2nd press. I have my main preset setup so that it sends a CC toggle of 69 value 0 - this is snapshot 1, then the alternate preset is set to toggle snapshot 2. This isn't working how I want it to though as the HX Stomp is always active on snapshot 2, even when I first change to this preset on the PBC. Any ideas how I can get the Stomp to toggle between snapshots using the 2nd press of my current preset? I can't use IA as that is a global setting I believe. Thanks

You should be able to get that to work with alternate presets. Have a look at all of your settings and make sure that none of your IA buttons are sending conflicting messages - at the very least, any IA that sends a snapshot select CC should have "Send on Preset Change" turned off so that it doesn't send when you change presets.

I don’t have any IA buttons set up. I don’t know where I’m going wrong. If I set the HX Stomp to toggle snapshots it will work when I’m in snapshot view just by doing a second press of my currently selected preset, even when I have no midi commands programmed for the HX Stomp at all. The thing is that if I change the HX Stomp to a different view than snapshot I can’t get it working. I’ll have to keep trying a few more things

Personally I found the easiest way to handle this was to create a page with 3 grouped IAs to control the snapshots. It makes it very easy to change them per preset, and I've had no issues with it. I'd recommend going that way. I'm attaching my setup file for reference. It's all on page 3.

Attachments

• Mastermind PBC 6X Setup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Personally I found the easiest way to handle this was to create a page with 3 grouped IAs to control the snapshots. It makes it very easy to change them per preset, and I've had no issues with it. I'd recommend going that way. I'm attaching my setup file for reference. It's all on page 3.

How do you handle something like a boost though? If I want to turn on a loop on my Mastermind and also activate a snapshot with a single button press then that's not ideal.

You should be able to get that to work with alternate presets. Have a look at all of your settings and make sure that none of your IA buttons are sending conflicting messages - at the very least, any IA that sends a snapshot select CC should have "Send on Preset Change" turned off so that it doesn't send when you change presets.

Hi Ron, I'm still pulling my hair out over this. When I program the PBC to send the required CC command to toggle snapshots and send the changes to the PBC via the editor, the first time I do a 2nd press to test the settings everything works as intended but then any other time I press the button it does nothing. I am not sure if the issue is with the PBC or that the HX just isn't reacting to commands properly.

Hi Ron, I'm still pulling my hair out over this. When I program the PBC to send the required CC command to toggle snapshots and send the changes to the PBC via the editor, the first time I do a 2nd press to test the settings everything works as intended but then any other time I press the button it does nothing. I am not sure if the issue is with the PBC or that the HX just isn't reacting to commands properly.

What kind of button are you using for this? Preset? IA?

Just a normal preset button. I want it to change snapshot on second press, I have the cc command to toggle the snapshot setup in the alternate preset I have it pointing to for second press

I got it working. For my initial preset I have it sending cc69 with a value of 0 to make it start on snapshot one, then in the alternate preset I had to send a midi cc 69 with a value of 8 and another midi cc69 with a value of 9. This has it working like a boost

Back