/6X questions

LAN_Guru

I am working out the design of my new pedalboard and am trying to decide which RJM products would best fit my needs. I am on the fence between a PBC/6X plus a Mini Effects Gizmo and a Mastermind LT plus two Mini Effects Gizmo's.

You say the following about the PBC: "The PBC/10 uses relay switching which allows you to use it without any buffers. Matrix switching needs a buffer in front of it when used with a standard guitar."

Which leads me to ask how one would incorporate a Fuzz Face germanium fuzz (JAM Fuzz Phraze) into a system using the PBC/6X?

Also, my amp (3rd Power Kitchen Sink) has three 1/4" jack function switches. So I am assuming that with either the PBC/6X or MasterMind LT I would need a Mini Amp Gizmo since the /6X and the LT only have two function switches?

Basically, I have 13 effects pedals (including a germanium fuzz and a germanium treble booster). Only one is MIDI (Source Audio Collider) but I will want the Collider and my JAM Delay Llama+ analog delay in my amp's effects loop. The ability to switch loop order would be nice so I can move compression, fuzz, and vibe order around in presets. The /6X and a MEG would handle the number of pedals I have using the split mono functionality of the /6X but the buffer question looms. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Tommy

ps - you should release "X" versions of the Effects Gizmo and Mini Effects Gizmo that include loop ordering, split mono capability, and the option to use loops as function switches. A Mini Effects Gizmo /X would be killer...

And another question, which could solve the germanium/buffer issue - Can the MEG be inline before the /6X instead of after? In other words, can the guitar plug into the MEG and the output from the MEG plug into the input of the /6X?

Generally, you can just turn off the buffer when using the fuzz, the lack of buffer usually only matters when you're running dry. But, yes, you can also put the Mini Effect Gizmo in front of the PBC/6X and switch the fuzz that way.

Generally, you can just turn off the buffer when using the fuzz, the lack of buffer usually only matters when you're running dry. But, yes, you can also put the Mini Effect Gizmo in front of the PBC/6X and switch the fuzz that way.

So, in your opinion, which would be the cleanest way to do 13 pedals and three function switches? /6X, MEG and Mini Amp Gizmo?

Back