Using the Mastermind GT with an Axe-Fx III

Get Preset Names

The Get Preset Names process allows you to read preset names, and optionally scene names into the GT.

Once you've done the above steps, follow this process:
  1. Enter setup by holding the small black buttons under the screen for 3 seconds
  2. Select Edit Devices, then select the Axe-Fx III device
  3. Now press Get Preset Names
  4. You'll be presented with a menu. Start Preset and End Preset indicates the range of Axe-Fx presets that you want to read. Dest Preset is the first preset on the GT that will receive the preset names
  5. You can also turn on Get Scenes, which will read scene names in addition to preset names
  6. Create Songs changes the way presets and scenes are handled in the GT. This option is described in detail in the GT manual
Once you've set your options, press Start. It will ask for confirmation, then start the process. If for some reason the process isn't running, check your MIDI connections and MIDI channel settings.

The preset and scene names will be written to the presets as requested. Also, the GT presets will be programmed to recall the correct Axe-Fx preset numbers.

Question!
Why does my GT22 do not load the preset and scene namens with the number > 256 ??

Are you getting preset name for just that preset? Have you set destination to number 256 on your GT?
Hello,
No I want to load new preset starting with number 256 to 275.
I have set the stat and destination the way it should be, but the does not load.

Do i have the change some default setting to get more presetnames?

Last edited:
Hi everyone!How do I set up a volume pedal connected to the Exp 1 port of a GT 16 to control the Vol/Pan on the AXE FX III?Thanxxxx

Have a look at the Axe-Fx III section from the manual - it has a section on expression pedals:

Attachments

• MMGT-Axe3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Hi. Haven't been on this forum in awhile. I was wondering if the GT16 is now backwards compatible with the AX3? It works great when I'm controlling the unit with the board but if I change the patch on axe edit it doesn't change the mastermind. Has there been an update in the firmware to allow this? Love the GT 16!
Mitch

Hi. Haven't been on this forum in awhile. I was wondering if the GT16 is now backwards compatible with the AX3? It works great when I'm controlling the unit with the board but if I change the patch on axe edit it doesn't change the mastermind. Has there been an update in the firmware to allow this? Love the GT 16!
Mitch

Yes, there's a "Poll State" setting in the Devices tab that enables this.

Thank You All!
Now it s working:the CC in the GT Mastermind was wrong!
I'm using Mission Engineering EP-1KP ...the run of the pedal is not very smooth, maybe it s the pedal model..:cool:

You need to reverse the polarity of the pedal, either swap the tip and ring wire inside the pedal, or get a TRS cable that swaps tip and ring.

Question: I have the GT22 running with the AxeFXIII through sysex and it pulled in some blocks, but not all the blocks. I don't plan on using all the blocks, so is there a way to add the block bypass and channels switch for a new block directly from the editor?

You can change the defaults, just right-click on a button, select Assign CC > Axe-Fx III and the block you want to assign to that button.

Back