Mastermind GT Road Case

Rain

Hello everyone, just curious as to what everyone is using for a Road Case for their MMGT. I'm about to order mine and need to get a case for it.

We're using an SKB case with custom foam insert for our demo GT. I will post pics when I'm back in the office.

I am planning on getting a pedal train Pro with ATA case. That should solve two issues, case for MMGT and mounting MMGT with somevexpression pedals. Anyone here use similar?

Hey Ron can you post that Picture of the SKB Case you use for the MMGT Demo ?

Ok, pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_2692 2.jpg
    IMG_2692 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2693 2.jpg
    IMG_2693 2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 34
JFranklin said:
I'm getting a Pedaltrain Grande that comes with a ATA Hardcase with wheels. 42" Wide. Double the width of the GT.

Wow, what else are you putting on it? I have my GT on a Pedal Train Pro with 3 mission pedals and a mission TT-Pro. The pro is I believe 32 inches wide and my stuff fits nicely.
I couldn't even contemplate how big and heavy the grande in ATA case is. . . lol.

My travel is typically local, within 2 hundred miles, and I am my own roady so I opted for a softer keyboard case as they cause less wear and tear on the interior of my vehicles. Its a 61 key keyboard case by Gator, with wheels on one end. I looked at its size before I built my pedal board to make sure it would fit.

Attachments

• GatorCase open with pedalboard oct2013.JPG
    GatorCase open with pedalboard oct2013.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 30
  • GatorCase RJM Mastermind Pedal Board oct 2013.JPG
    GatorCase RJM Mastermind Pedal Board oct 2013.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 19
Has anyone used the SKB case Ron posts about on air flights? Just wondering how sturdy and protective the case is.

I use those SKB cases for international touring, for my MMGT10 pedalboard, AxeFX III rack, and Strandberg guitar. They hold up beautifully and MUCH LESS HEAVY than traditional "Anvil" style cases.

I use those SKB cases for international touring, for my MMGT10 pedalboard, AxeFX III rack, and Strandberg guitar. They hold up beautifully and MUCH LESS HEAVY than traditional "Anvil" style cases.
hey, thanks Sleestak, good to know.

hey, thanks Sleestak, good to know.
Happy to help! I really like to keep my gear weight manageable for touring. Cartage rates are going up, so weight is a key factor in expense. I wouldn't want to trade security / protection for weight, and the SKB cases seem really good. Additional bonus, they don't scratch / damage other stuff! Those metal corners / edges on Anvil cases are brutal on vehicles.

Back