Setting up RJM to control tap tempo with Collider

Jhansenku

Can someone help me program the RJM to control Tap Tempo on the Collider? My bottom four switches are presets. My upper left is dry effects, middle switch is wet effects and right switch is midi preset scrolls. I know I’ll have to give up a switch. I guess I could probably give up the far right preset?

We don't have official support for the Collider yet, but you should get it working if you set it to be a Nemesis Delay in the Devices tab. Once that's complete, go to the Buttons tab, right-click (or Ctrl-click on a Mac) on the button you want to change. In the pop up menu, select Assign CC > Nemesis > Tap Tempo.

Ron, I did this, it looks like that changed the button, and it says tap tempo and I did write changes to device. However it still does not control tap tempo?

Unfortunately, I don't know. I've never used a Collider. Maybe tap tempo needs to be enabled in the pedal?

Unfortunately, I don't know. I've never used a Collider. Maybe tap tempo needs to be enabled in the pedal?
I have an email out to Source Audio. This is becoming a pretty popular pedal. I’m
Really seeing them pop up on boards lately. Do you have any plans on implementing this pedal in your editor?

I have an email out to Source Audio. This is becoming a pretty popular pedal. I’m
Really seeing them pop up on boards lately. Do you have any plans on implementing this pedal in your editor?

Yes, I'm sure we'll add it in the next somewhat major release.

I got it working. Source Audio had me reset the factory settings on the Collider, that did the trick!

Glad to hear it!
Ron, still having issues with RJM controlling tap tempo on collider. Had it working and now it stopped. Source Audio said they would suggest using midi clock and enabling midi clock on each preset of the collider that I want to use tap tempo.
So can you tell me what I need to do on the RJM side to control collider tap tempo using midi clock? Thanks

Pretty much all you need to do is set MIDI Clock to Master in MIDI settings. You can specify a tempo for each preset or song. Any IA button that has "Flash / w Tempo" and "Update on Preset Change" turned on will also set tempo when tapped.

That worked, I'm using Nemesis Delay as the default for the Collider since Collider is not yet in the drop down menu.
So now, I'm trying to get my expression pedal to control different parameters in the Collider. Mainly delay mix. It looks like the CC# for Collider functions are different than the Nemesis. Example, Delay mix is CC6 on Nemesis and its CC3 on the collider. So when I do the drop down menu on the Nemesis, should I use the CC6 or CC3? Nonetheless, I can't get the expression pedal to control the functions at this point. Any suggestions? I have it set up in global Exp1. Nemesis Delay, CC3, 0-127. For clarification, I have the Collider pedal, not a Nemesis. Thanks

You can click where the number is in the CC Number selector and manually type in a number, you're not limited to what's in the drop down list

Back