Volume Pedal

Devin B

I am trying to go out of “Out 5-6” —> Ernie Ball VP Jr. In —> Ernie Ball VP Jr. Out —> “In 7-10.”

But I lose all audio completely! What am I doing wrong?

Make sure the "Mono->Stereo (Out)" button is set correctly. It should be out if you're using stereo pedals in loops 7-10, or in if you're using mono pedals.

Make sure the "Mono->Stereo (Out)" button is set correctly. It should be out if you're using stereo pedals in loops 7-10, or in if you're using mono pedals.
I am running in stereo. Boss DD500 and Strymon Big Sky are stereo in channels 9-10. 7-8 are mono pedals.

Are any of loops 7-10 turned on at the time? Does it make a difference if they are?

So you're going from mono loops 1-6 to stereo insert back to mono for loops 7 and 8?

Try connecting "out 5-6" directly to "in 7-10" without the EB VP JR. Do you have signal that way? If not, push the "Mono->Stereo (Out)" button *in* (since loops 7 and 8 are mono pedals). If still no signal, you may need to work backwards from "out 5-6" to see if your wiring is all good in loops 1-5 (you should be able to do that by bypassing every loop and turning one on at a time.

So you're going from mono loops 1-6 to stereo insert back to mono for loops 7 and 8?
Attempting to run loops 1-8 in mono and 9-10 in stereo. Now see the problem with that, and when 7-8 are activated, they’re only coming out of the Left amp.

It I switch to TRS cable for those two pedals, will that correct the problem? Both are Chase Bliss pedals.

Try connecting "out 5-6" directly to "in 7-10" without the EB VP JR. Do you have signal that way? If not, push the "Mono->Stereo (Out)" button *in* (since loops 7 and 8 are mono pedals). If still no signal, you may need to work backwards from "out 5-6" to see if your wiring is all good in loops 1-5 (you should be able to do that by bypassing every loop and turning one on at a time.

Yes, if I run the same cable straight through, there is audio passing through. It’s only when I plug in the volume pedal. I have swapped out several volume pedals to make sure that wasn’t the problem.

Attempting to run loops 1-8 in mono and 9-10 in stereo. Now see the problem with that, and when 7-8 are activated, they’re only coming out of the Left amp.

It I switch to TRS cable for those two pedals, will that correct the problem? Both are Chase Bliss pedals.
You need to read the stereo sticky at the top. There are special cable you need to run the mono pedals in loops 7 & 8.

Back