Routing question

JamminPA

I recently acquired the PCB 6x and I cannot wait to get it up & running. I am in the final stages of wiring everything up. I want the ability to run it mono or stereo. Currently I am using the IN S / IN R / OUT into amp #1 FX loop. If I understand correctly, I need to split the signal coming from the IN S (potentially with an isolation transformer) to go into amp #1 and #2. I do not need to use the FX loop in amp #2. I feel like I missing some information or misunderstanding something. In order to accomplish what I want to do, do I set all 3 IN S / IN R / OUT to STEREO in the editor? and do all (3) require a TRS cable? Thanks in advance. Posting on the FB page as well.

Additional info:
Loop 1 -Strident VTB
Loop 2 -Origin Revival Drive
Loop 3 -Origin Cali 76 Comp
Loop 4 -Boss DC-2 W (using AlphaTone Insert cables)
Loop 5 -Strymon Flint (using AlphaTone Insert cables)
Loop 6 -Strymon Dig (using AlphaTone Insert cables)
IN s / IN r / OUT - Amp #1 FX loop (Source Audio EQ2)

The best way to do this is to use only the power amp of the second amp. Loops 4-6 should be set to stereo in / stereo out. The Insert loop should be set to mono in / mono out, and will connect to the first amp's input and first amp's effect loop send. The main output of the PBC should split using an insert cable and go to the effect loop return of both amps.

The best way to do this is to use only the power amp of the second amp. Loops 4-6 should be set to stereo in / stereo out. The Insert loop should be set to mono in / mono out, and will connect to the first amp's input and first amp's effect loop send. The main output of the PBC should split using an insert cable and go to the effect loop return of both amps.

Thank you, this helps to clear things up and I'm glad I wired it up properly. On my board I have a small 4-way junction box to help manage the cables running out to the amp(s). All of the ports are TRS. Could I run a TRS -TRS cable from the PCB Out to the input of the 4-way and then run a long insert cable out from the 4-way to the amp's fx loop? I hope I'm articulating this correctly. Thanks in advance!!
KuFGcA4

Yes, as long as the box is wired TRS to TRS, then you can do that. The only potential problem is ground loops. If you end up with hum when connecting the second amp, you will need to add an isolation transformer in front of the second amp, or perhaps a Hum-X on the second amp's power connection.

Yes, as long as the box is wired TRS to TRS, then you can do that. The only potential problem is ground loops. If you end up with hum when connecting the second amp, you will need to add an isolation transformer in front of the second amp, or perhaps a Hum-X on the second amp's power connection.

Thank you for confirming that.

Back