Question about colors / displays

Alexander

My GT/22 controls an Axe-Fx III.

Effect buttons in "off" state (red button below) always display the button text and the background color, nothing else.

While effect buttons in "on" state (green button below) always display the button text and the background color, plus a darker box in the background.

I'm always wondering why this is.

IMG_1497.jpeg

Because MMGT always shows the ON state with an inverted background.
Some people label effect or preset buttons with only one color. I do the same. The ON or OFF status then indicates a background change. It is very clear and pleasant for exact orientation
Alexander, is that a joke ? ;)

Last edited:
I get where Yek is going (I think). I have a tendency to want to use “colors only” as my on/off indicator and prefer non-inverted text b/c it’s easier to read on some button colors. The upshot is that the text inversion works great if your programming includes lots of “hold” (dual purpose) buttons, since a button can only be one color at a time. For me (using a GT16 for AFX3 control) it’s a welcome necessity and a slick solution for minimizing “page flips” and “drilling down”.

Perhaps this might be a new Global button for the next firmware update — give the user the choice to decide if using text inversion is right for them?

Cheers,
Bruce

I get where Yek is going (I think). I have a tendency to want to use “colors only” as my on/off indicator and prefer non-inverted text b/c it’s easier to read on some button colors. The upshot is that the text inversion works great if your programming includes lots of “hold” (dual purpose) buttons, since a button can only be one color at a time. For me (using a GT16 for AFX3 control) it’s a welcome necessity and a slick solution for minimizing “page flips” and “drilling down”.

Perhaps this might be a new Global button for the next firmware update — give the user the choice to decide if using text inversion is right for them?

Cheers,
Bruce
I understand

The text inversion is specifically because you can't see button colors when using the GT outside in the sunlight. I'll consider adding a setting to enable or disable it.

Because MMGT always shows the ON state with an inverted background.
Some people label effect or preset buttons with only one color. I do the same. The ON or OFF status then indicates a background change. It is very clear and pleasant for exact orientation
Alexander, is that a joke ? ;)

It wasn't a joke, but now I understand. :)

The text inversion is specifically because you can't see button colors when using the GT outside in the sunlight. I'll consider adding a setting to enable or disable it.

Excellent! I live in The Netherlands. We don't have sunshine. ;)

If possible, allow us to disable text inversion for "normal" buttons, but keep it for buttons with a "hold" function.

Last edited:

I have a friend who is colour blind, so the text inversion is very useful for him (on the rare occasion that I let him use my GT22 when he comes to visit).

Excellent! I live in The Netherlands. We don't have sunshine. ;)

If possible, allow us to disable text inversion for "normal" buttons, but keep it for buttons with a "hold" function.

Here in Southern California it's definitely an issue. Years ago, I spent a great deal of time in the parking lot with various LCDs and a long extension cord, figuring out which one looked the best in direct sunlight.

Good point about hold functions, inversion is definitely needed for those.

Back