New LT owner questions

ARMANDO DIAZ

Hello! First off, is there a way to see what firmware the LT has?

Second, how do I do a “factory reset”

Third, I went ahead and changed “Mini Effect Gizmo” in Device tab to “Rack Gizmo”(which I own) and did a save but when I reopen the Editor software it has reverted to “Mini Effect Gizmo”. What do I need to do?

Fourth, when the Device is set to 7/LT it shows the four buttons. Since I’m using it with the Rack Gizmo, how do you access the eight Function switches(on/off) and the eight Loop switches(on/off)??

Thanks!!

Firmware version is displayed in the lower right corner of the display when powering up

Factory Reset: Hold 1 and 3 to enter setup. Press the down arrow button repeatedly to get to System Functions. Press SELECT. Press the down arrow repeatedly to get to Factory Reset. Press SELECT, then press Bank Up. Or, in the editor, just select File / New in the menu.

Did you load your saved settings back into the editor when you started it up again? The editor always starts up in a factory reset configuration.

Configuration depends on how you intend to use it. The easiest way is to use presets. Select a preset on the LT, then use the Rack Gizmo's buttons to turn on the desired loops. Hold the Write button on the Rack Gizmo for 3 seconds - its lights should flash. This saves those loops to the current preset. The next time you select a preset, the Effect Rack will return to that state. You can repeat this for each preset.

Configuration depends on how you intend to use it. The easiest way is to use presets. Select a preset on the LT, then use the Rack Gizmo's buttons to turn on the desired loops. Hold the Write button on the Rack Gizmo for 3 seconds - its lights should flash. This saves those loops to the current preset. The next time you select a preset, the Effect Rack will return to that state. You can repeat this for each preset.

Thanks for that info! Does the method you described apply to both the “Function” switches and the “Loop” switches?

Also, I have a Suhr Koko Boost in a “Loop”. It has a stereo 1/8” trs input which I have connected to the Loop section of the RG. This allows for select of either “Clean Boost”, “Mid Boost” or “Bypass”. How can I set the LT up to be able to use it in those three modes while already accessing a “Preset”? Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for that info! Does the method you described apply to both the “Function” switches and the “Loop” switches?

Also, I have a Suhr Koko Boost in a “Loop”. It has a stereo 1/8” trs input which I have connected to the Loop section of the RG. This allows for select of either “Clean Boost”, “Mid Boost” or “Bypass”. How can I set the LT up to be able to use it in those three modes while already accessing a “Preset”? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, programming presets affects both loops and function switches.

To control the Koko Boost's external switching, you would need an 1/8" TRS to 8-pin cable to control it with function switches, or an 1/8" TRS to 2xTS cable to control it with two loops. You mentioned that you have it connected to loops, so I'll assume the latter. Let's say it's connected to loops 7 and 8. Just program loop 7 to turn on when you want boost on, and program loop 8 to turn on when you want mid boost on.

Yes, programming presets affects both loops and function switches.

To control the Koko Boost's external switching, you would need an 1/8" TRS to 8-pin cable to control it with function switches, or an 1/8" TRS to 2xTS cable to control it with two loops. You mentioned that you have it connected to loops, so I'll assume the latter. Let's say it's connected to loops 7 and 8. Just program loop 7 to turn on when you want boost on, and program loop 8 to turn on when you want mid boost on.

Thanks again! So if I have Presets 1-3 stored how do I setup buttons 4 & 5 to do this switching while using either of the three Presets?

Ok, f you want to start branching out, then it gets a little trickier, but not too bad. For starters, you would go into the editor's Buttons tab, right click on button 4, select Assign CC > Rack Gizmo > Loop 7 to assign that button to control loop 7. You can do the same for button 5 and loop 8.

Ok, f you want to start branching out, then it gets a little trickier, but not too bad. For starters, you would go into the editor's Buttons tab, right click on button 4, select Assign CC > Rack Gizmo > Loop 7 to assign that button to control loop 7. You can do the same for button 5 and loop 8.
Awesome! Thanks! I think this should get me started on the road to mastering the editor hopefully!

I tried this method as you described after saving a Preset the only thing that remains “saved” is the loop button selection, the function button selection does not. I was finally able to save the presets by pressing on Function ^ so the screen shows IA. Then I can select the function button from the LT and holding down Function ^ until “Stored” appears. Then the Preset is saved. Am I missing a step? Thanks!

Check to see if you have any buttons defined that control the function switches. I don't remember off the top of my head, but IA buttons on page 2 may automatically be set up that way. They would interfere with programming using the Rack Gizmo's front panel. If that's the case, edit those buttons, and set button type to Off to disable each button.

Check to see if you have any buttons defined that control the function switches. I don't remember off the top of my head, but IA buttons on page 2 may automatically be set up that way. They would interfere with programming using the Rack Gizmo's front panel. If that's the case, edit those buttons, and set button type to Off to disable each button.
Hello and thanks again! I did as you outlined and turned the buttons “Off” by right clicking each button and selecting “Off”. Then re-saved everything again. I still could not get Function buttons to save when saving via the “Write” button on the Rack Gizmo. One thing I’d like to add; is it ok to have the both the Rack Gizmo and LT connected and the LT connected to a Mac running Mastermind Editor simultaneously? That’s what I’ve been doing up to now. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Please send me your settings and I'll look them over.

Connecting to a Rack Gizmo and a computer simultaneously is no problem at all.

Thanks! Here you go: the file named GREYROOM LT is file I open in the MastermindEditor which loads the Rack Gizmo in the Devices tab.

The file named Settings is was made from the Export command in the File menu.

Attachments

• GREYROOM LT.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Settings.rjs
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! Here you go: the file named GREYROOM LT is file I open in the MastermindEditor which loads the Rack Gizmo in the Devices tab.

The file named Settings is was made from the Export command in the File menu.

Hello Mr RJM Administrator!

Haven’t heard back about my settings. Just reaching out. Thanks!!

When you have buttons on the LT assigned to control a Rack Gizmo loop or switch, they have precedence over the Rack Gizmo's switches, including (and especially) during preset changes. Page 2 has 6 buttons that, by default, happen to control switches 1-6 on the Rack Gizmo. If you clear out these buttons, you can then start using the front panel of the Rack Gizmo. Set button type to off on these buttons or remove the CC Toggle action from each one.

When you have buttons on the LT assigned to control a Rack Gizmo loop or switch, they have precedence over the Rack Gizmo's switches, including (and especially) during preset changes. Page 2 has 6 buttons that, by default, happen to control switches 1-6 on the Rack Gizmo. If you clear out these buttons, you can then start using the front panel of the Rack Gizmo. Set button type to off on these buttons or remove the CC Toggle action from each one.

Thanks! That worked! One question; the Mastermind Editor GUI shows the footswitch and led. Why isn’t the led lit on the GUI?

Which button are you referring to, and which page of the editor are you looking at?

Both the "Presets" and the "Buttons" pages of the Mastermind Editor show the face of the LT controller and each button has an LED but it seems like these don't light up on the GUI. Is that normal operation mode? I would think it would be advantageous to see which button was active by looking at the GUI? Can you clear this up? Thanks!!

Sorry, there's no real time communication between LT and editor. You won't see updates in the editor when you press buttons on the LT.

Ok. Is it then possible to light the LED on the editor’s GUI from the software itself?

IA buttons that have Update on Preset Change turned on can be clicked in the Presets tab to program them to be on or off or each preset, and the on-screen LED will update accordingly. That's the only time that you can change the LED states in the editor.

Back