Suggestions here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching for quite a while for a midi-controlled backing track player in 19" rack version but never found one for an acceptable price. I did see the FCAM LT-100, but that unit is not available through any distributor here in Europe. Besides, I think the price is pretty high for the simple functionality required: Start/Stop or Pause/Resume of a BT and optionally play a midi track in parallel to the MP3. I would think that just about every band and bedroom guitarist in the world uses BT's and to me it seems such an obvious product to create, and for which I would expect a huge market. Yet not much available ... or I must have missed someting? An opportunity for RJM Music perhaps? An acceptable EU price for me would be somewhere between Euro 250 - 400. That would indicate a US price in dollars about 30% lower (yes, we pay a lot of taxes over here ...).
Curious to hear what you think of this.

I've been searching for quite a while for a midi-controlled backing track player in 19" rack version but never found one for an acceptable price. I did see the FCAM LT-100, but that unit is not available through any distributor here in Europe. Besides, I think the price is pretty high for the simple functionality required: Start/Stop or Pause/Resume of a BT and optionally play a midi track in parallel to the MP3. I would think that just about every band and bedroom guitarist in the world uses BT's and to me it seems such an obvious product to create, and for which I would expect a huge market. Yet not much available ... or I must have missed someting? An opportunity for RJM Music perhaps? An acceptable EU price for me would be somewhere between Euro 250 - 400. That would indicate a US price in dollars about 30% lower (yes, we pay a lot of taxes over here ...).
Curious to hear what you think of this.

I was also looking for something like that. In the end, I think the technology of ipads and laptops are going to fill that niche'?

I was also looking for something like that. In the end, I think the technology of ipads and laptops are going to fill that niche'?
Sorry, but I don't agree. I know how to get a BT started with midi control in eg Audacity on a laptop, but that's pretty complicated. I'd prefer a setup without a laptop. Same for mobile devices. Something in a 19" rack format and easily midi controllable would be a very nice thing to have.

Hi, I recently purchased a Mastermind PBC/6X from RJM - will be sending it to XAct Tone next week for use with pedalboard build. I just sat down with it this week and downloaded version 4.5.0 editor on my PC. First thing that I noticed was the very small font in the editor. I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it would be a HUGE improvement, and much more user friendly, to use a LARGER FONT for the editor. It might not be practical on long lists, but there is plenty of room for larger font on most of the labels and stand alone sentences/descriptions. I have 20/20 vision with corrective lens implants, but still needed reading glasses to keep from squinting at the font. Thanks!

Last edited:
The font should be a standard 12-point font, like most other apps. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

On a Windows system, the font is the same size as the default system font used for menus, etc. Unfortunately, there's no way to change it at this time, but I will look into it.

There isn't an iPad version at this time, I'm sorry to say. That's a commonly requested thing for sure, but also the most difficult of the feature requests I've seen.

There isn't an iPad version at this time, I'm sorry to say. That's a commonly requested thing for sure, but also the most difficult of the feature requests I've seen.
No problem...I understand. The PBC/6X is amazing - will be perfect for my needs! Thanks for your reply and information!

I would love to see a new version of the Mini Line Mixer. I am hoping that it has just been discontinued to make way for a better version? Or even an advanced version (as mentioned above "MIDI Line Mixer"), similar to the Musicom Lab Parallelizer, but with stereo inputs and stereo sends. I would love to be able to run stereo effects that don't need to/I don't want to run in parallel before such a device, then go into the mixer which allows me to mix three or four stereo signals PLUS dry in parallel. That would be awesome.

Another idea would be a wet/dry/wet but only stereo box. Basically a way to do wet dry but "sum" back to stereo before you hit amps/FOH. Gives you the player total control over wet/dry mix, not relying on FOH engineer. I could do this fairly easily at the moment with a GigRig Wetter Box, mixing the stereo FX chain with my dry signal. My dream would be for the "wet/dry/wet but only stereo" box would be that it also allowed some parallel fx mixing like the Mini Line Mixer. But I don't think my idea can work perfectly with the Wetter Box and the Mini Line Mixer, because I need to split the dry signal for each parallel effect. I know that I could do this with a PBC10, and actually a PBC10 and a Wetter Box would probably solve all this. But it would just be very expensive.

Hi folks- I’m a die hard pbc user and love all the features it has. Unfortunately as I get older and my programming become more complex I often forget what all the buttons mean on the different pages. I would love some thing that has all the functionality of the pbc10 but with the screens of the gt line above each button, maybe a “pbgt” ?

Have an idea for a new product, or a way to improve an existing product? Please let us know what's on your mind - drop your post here in the Suggestion Box!

Have an idea for a new product, or a way to improve an existing product? Please let us know what's on your mind - drop your post here in the Suggestion Box!

PBC

Simple little idea which personally I'd find really helpful gigging - every now and again when I'm in the middle of a set (especially if it's a new set or a band I don't normally play for), my brain goes blank in the heat of the moment when I look down at my PBC10 ... what presets did I have set up for this song, which button is each preset on, etc ...?! What I'd love is an IA system button I can press whenever I need to remind myself, which scrolls through the presets again - just like when I choose the song in the first place, the presets for that song scroll on the display.

Daft little thing, I know, but I'd find that uber helpful ...

Hi. I have two suggestions, regarding Presets and their assignments to Songs in the Mastermind Editor (I use a 6x):

1) A Search function to allow faster access to an already programmed Preset.

2) A means of changing the name of a Preset, once it's been assigned to a Song. An example would be a Preset I created that's labeled C/XTS/M/SDly+R (Compressor/XTS Preamp/Nebulus mod pedal/Short stock delay/Reverb). Be nice to change that Preset name to "Chorus" or "Verse" etc, according to the Song it's placed in, while retaining the full description of the preset's build on the Presets page. Make it easier to see the basics on the 6x while performing.

Everything's still doable, as is, of course. Great unit that keeps getting better as I get better with it. Thanks.

First of all, love the GT22, finding new stuff I can do with it all the time (IA mode is my latest favourite) and can't imagine going back to any other MIDI pedals

A great help on a later firmware update on the GT22 would be the ability to change colour on presets when the button is off, you can change it when on but not when off

I've got a 4 channel Diezel amp and have set the 4 channel presets as different colours, it would be a great shorthand to see which amp channel the preset is for as have 12 presets on the GT22 most of the time and IA mode if I need to switch stuff on and off individually

1f642.png

Hi. I have two suggestions, regarding Presets and their assignments to Songs in the Mastermind Editor (I use a 6x):

1) A Search function to allow faster access to an already programmed Preset.

2) A means of changing the name of a Preset, once it's been assigned to a Song. An example would be a Preset I created that's labeled C/XTS/M/SDly+R (Compressor/XTS Preamp/Nebulus mod pedal/Short stock delay/Reverb). Be nice to change that Preset name to "Chorus" or "Verse" etc, according to the Song it's placed in, while retaining the full description of the preset's build on the Presets page. Make it easier to see the basics on the 6x while performing.

Everything's still doable, as is, of course. Great unit that keeps getting better as I get better with it. Thanks.
I love the idea of naming the 'chapters' (presets) within songs so visually you can step through V1, C, V2, C2, Solo etc...

I love the idea of naming the 'chapters' (presets) within songs so visually you can step through V1, C, V2, C2, Solo etc...
You can edit them to be something like this:

V1|Song 1
C|Song 2

only the stuff to the left of the vertical bar will be displayed on the Mastermind, but the editor will display the full name so that you can remember which song it's associated with. It doesn't help the original poster's request where he wants to use the same preset for multiple songs, but if you just want to name the preset based what section of the song it represents, this would help.

Hello, just a quick question/suggestion about the Mastermind LT. Not sure how hard this would be to do in the editor, but It would be really helpful if I could assign an "off" LED color as well as an "on" LED color (which we can currently do) by preset. This would enable me to color-code the buttons...so bridge would have blue LED, aqua for chorus, etc. until I selected it, then it could have a different "on" color to show it is selected. I realize the LT is the "older" model, but this would be really helpful in remembering what button is what for each page. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back