Mastermind and Line6 HX Stomp with EVH 50 watts

I am having a hard time programming this setup.

I programmed my preset changes and channel change. Works good for 3-4 times then my HX freezes. Have to reboot it.

What could be the issue?

I had an HXFX before and everything worked great.

Seems like a midi conflict if sorts?

Thanks.

Chris

I've never heard of that happening before, but it sounds like an HX Stomp bug. I recommend updating to the latest firmware on it if you haven't already.

I've never heard of that happening before, but it sounds like an HX Stomp bug. I recommend updating to the latest firmware on it if you haven't already.
Thanks for the quick reply on a Sunday evening!!!!

The Stomp is on the latest firmware. I put all PC messages except #1 to no midi channel too. Just in case.

Really confused on this one.

Was having the same issue trying to send CC messages for scene change, said fuck it I will just do PC messages for presets instead, same issue. Maybe a defective unit? Doubt it but never know!

Just got it a couple weeks ago.

It's hard to say. The original Mastermind is pretty simple, it doesn't have a lot of options. The best thing would be to try another controller or maybe a PC - just some other source of MIDI messages, in order to see if it still happens.

It's hard to say. The original Mastermind is pretty simple, it doesn't have a lot of options. The best thing would be to try another controller or maybe a PC - just some other source of MIDI messages, in order to see if it still happens.
I will try it out later as i just sent the pedal to get a new one. I had bought a brand new one but received an open box one with a couple scratches and dusty. Will have it back in a couple days.

Will try some tweaking again and report back.

Thank you.

Chris

Back