Its been up a few times before but the issue is back

Make sure that MIDI PC Mapping is turned off in the Axe-Fx's MIDI/Remote settings. Also make sure that MIDI Receive Channel is set to None on the GT.

Yek on the fractal forum solved it for me. I uploaded the GT settings file from IAreSee. Yek "corrected" it and sent it back. I will post both here. I'm not entirely sure what specific changes he made that caused it to work or why the other settings made it not work correctly.

I can't seem to attach the files...

I have a "before" and "after" Yek fixed my file (IAreSee's file).

Attachments

• RJM Mastermind GT22 20230127.zip
    109.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks very much! Being able to compare the files will be helpful. At the minimum, I'll understand why it was doing what it was. And, perhaps, this will give me a clue to the bank issue that's been plaguing some users.
Well I tell you this....... i bought a Fractal fc12, just because i dont want to be taking any chances, i have now been working on the FC12
and thats not going to happen. I cant move away from the gt22 simply for the fact that fc12 is useless for my setup and maybe i have to live with midicables instead of the 6pin xlr but i will do that over the fc12 anyday...

and thats not going to happen. I cant move away from the gt22 simply for the fact that fc12 is useless for my setup and maybe i have to live with midicables instead of the 6pin xlr but i will do that over the fc12 anyday...
The GT22 seems FAR SUPERIOR to the FC12. It seems like any issues anyone had with the GT22 could be solved.

Last edited:
well @rjmmusic Ron no hickups at all, ever since i have used your box and cable. I will now try changing my system and make a box with 6 pin xlr to mid, more or less copy your box just replacing the 7pin midi with 6 pin xlr....
but im happy now as i love my gt22 just find the 7 pin midi a bit flimsy for road/touring use

well @rjmmusic Ron no hickups at all, ever since i have used your box and cable. I will now try changing my system and make a box with 6 pin xlr to mid, more or less copy your box just replacing the 7pin midi with 6 pin xlr....
but im happy now as i love my gt22 just find the 7 pin midi a bit flimsy for road/touring use
Great news! Please let me know what the results are when you try that test, that will be some useful information.

In the newly released 5.0 firmware, I've made a few changes to MIDI bank handling that may help. I can't say for certain because I still have never reproduced the problem, but maybe we'll get lucky!

Back