Recent content by boyscout

1. B

Can't download software

When I click on the links to download latest firmware and editing applications (on the download page and on the MMGT22 product page) my Chrome browser does a little shimmy and then nothing else. No problem downloading the manual. No problem downloading files from other web sites. I'm using...
  2. B

*** DEVICE SUPPORT REQUESTS

Hi Ron, congratulations on putting V3.0 to bed. Nice release. No rest for the wicked though! Any chance of adding the Electro Harmonix 45000 looper to the supported devices? http://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/45000.pdf Thanks.
  3. B

Editor not communicating with MMGT

Hey toaster, couple ideas to think about while waiting for Ron. 1. Some MIDI Solutions devices use a pin in the connector that almost nobody else uses. Except RJM. I wanted to use a MIDI Solutions Thru (I think it was) and ran into this issue, couldn't use the device. 2. Back 2-3 firmware...
  4. B

Replacing stock buttons with taller buttons/switches

Do you have the MMGT on the floor? If so, have you thought about putting it on a pedalboard along with other bits of gear? The extra slope that some pedalboards provide may be the reason I don't have the problem you're having. These are great: http://pedaltrain.com/products.php The 32"...
  5. B

MMGT Editor Write Error to MMGT16

No trouble here reading or writing. Sorry if this is stating the obvious to those seeing issues, but there is a working limit on the length of USB cables; any chance you're exceeding it? Though the standard allows 5m cables at high speeds, practically-speaking a quality 3m (~10ft) cable is the...
  6. B

Two amps one Rack Gizmo

Short answer: yes, look at this: http://rjmmusic.com/wiring/RG/RG_6Pedals_2Amps.pdf Long answer: RJM makes a cable for controlling the Mark V, I have one, works great. There is another custom cable made for your Peavey.
  7. B

(Finally) on to 2.0...

I guess you can't publish the list of probable 2.0 features you already plan. You've been collecting for a while; maybe the things below are already on your list? The 1.4 addition of Page Menu and Preset Menu are great, but they eliminate the Page/Store button and I'm REALLY missing that...
  8. B

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4.1

Ron, the link to the manual appears to be broken - "Not Found" page when I click it.
  9. B

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

In the 1.4 version of the editor, the Open Recent list under the File menu is still not being maintained properly. Just now it listed as most recent the fourth-last file saved with the editor. I manually opened the most recent file, saved it, exited and restarted the app, and the most recent...
  10. B

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

That works, thanks. Knowing that resting on your laurels can be prickly, I'm sure you're casting about for ideas for the next release. 1. There has been discussion here about being able to define the "Hold Down" behavior of a button. Am I missing the feature, or is it not yet implemented...
  11. B

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

Ron, the file for the Windows version of the editor software doesn't seem to be in its place.
  12. B

BETA FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

Ron, you seemed a bit less visible here and I figgered you were on a well-deserved vacation. You have not been resting! Thanks, some really great things in this update. First thing I wanted to try is the new button functions (Page Menu, Song Menu, Preset Menu). However using the 1.4beta...
  13. B

IA Suggestion

Maybe I'm missing something in your question... what you seem to be asking for is the reason groups are available in the MMGT, and they work for me. In the editor, select the Buttons tab and double-click on one of the IA buttons you want in a group. On the resulting page, at upper left in...
  14. B

Write button not functioning on Rack Gizmo

Sorry to ask about the basics, but a non-functioning button wouldn't be a top guess... RJM is very meticulous about quality. Are you holding the button for three seconds? Do all the lights flash after you've done that? There are circumstances in which MIDI confusion can disrupt Write. Check...
  15. B

For the brave: 1.4alpha1 - MIDI clock!

Temporary pop-up.
Back