Recent content by Bozie

1. B

MIDI 7 pin cable

Great, thank you! :)
  2. B

MIDI 7 pin cable

Here is an easy one to answer! I was offered a used GCP a few weeks back, it was cheap, in nice condition, and too good to pass up. Now I need a 7 pin MIDI cable to power it. I have a sourced pair of 7 pin DIN plugs (a not so minor achievement in my city). I have also found some 6 core + shield...
  3. B

Editor Crash On Opening

Tried that, but alas, the outcome is the same. The problem is clearly at my end - I had a new message popup: MidiInCore Initialize: error creating OS-X MIDI client object Even a Google search could not help me clarify that one... I am going to try setting up MIDI with my Roland keyboard, see...
  4. B

Editor Crash On Opening

Hey Ron, I had to go into the app contents and open to get this from the Terminal: Last login: Mon Jul 28 18:04:38 on console Jasons-Mac-mini:~ JaysMiniMac$ /Applications/MMGTEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/MMGTEditor ; exit; QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for...
  5. B

Editor Crash On Opening

Hi Ron, I did all you suggested, but still no joy on the editor. I have also repeated the download a few times, tried loading the disk image from another computer via usb. I checked my security settings, restarted the computer, It just crashes on opening at the bouncing icon stage... weird...
  6. B

Editor Crash On Opening

Hi all, I downloaded the editor (in anticipation of getting a GT) and it crashes on opening. The little icon just bounces up and down and that's as far as it gets - I am running Mountain Lion on a fairly recent Mac. I have downloaded it twice now, haven't had a chance to break it yet, anyone...
  7. B

Mastermind Alphanumeric Display

I realize this is a recurring theme for me, but... I came across a product that would be useful for anyone wanting an alphanumeric display for their Mastermind: http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/S ... ltage.html Truth be told not everyone can afford a GT (wants and desires aside). The...
  8. B

iPod/iPad MIDI Interface

Having hunted high and low I have found an effective app for doing this: http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistma ... /help.html I contacted Arlo and asked him if it would work in the way I expected. Here is his reply: Is this the only thing you want to use the app for? It could do this ...
  9. B

iPod/iPad MIDI Interface

Hi everyone, iPad/iPod can receive MIDI program change messages via a number of interfaces (I like the iRig MIDI as you can charge an i-device while you use it). This could work well with the Mastermind as a display for the preset selected. It wont make the Mastermind into a GT by any measure...
  10. B

Silly question...

I have a wide variety of sounds I use on a regular basis, I am not sure the Masterminds numerical display will be enough to cue my memory and I cannot afford the GT. Are there any aftermarket displays for a MIDI controller? Something like this, but I not want to make it myself...
  11. B

new member questions

Oh, a full RJM System is a great idea! It is about as simple as you can get as it all works together so very well and is dead easy to program: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QgsJ5DKl ... -QgsJ5DKlg You need to decide if you like delay and reverb in front of your amps drive channel though.
  12. B

new member questions

Hi Jeff. I do not know enough about your G system but it might still work for you. The following ideas are a starting point for your research not developed solutions. Here goes... Possibility 1 use it as a MIDI controller for an MEG on a pedal board, use pedals for gain effects and the g...
  13. B

new member questions

The tone sucking tendencies of multi effect pedals is a widely discussed topic, the price of the unit has no bearing on the matter, it seams they all do it. The RJM buffer only helps if you can bypass the one in the G System, but you still have the ADDA to deal with... Basically I would not...
  14. B

new member questions

Welcome Jeff. If the G system has a dry defeat function and you only want to use modulation/delay/reverb in the effects loop of the amp then you need to add a Mini Line Mixer to the MEG to eliminate the cause of the problem - the Analogue to Digital/Digital to Analogue conversion in the G...
  15. B

PC Editor

This is great, and will be much appreciated by the community I am sure just for the ability to save our presets let alone plan new ones. I cant wait to see it ;)
Back