Recent content by ctreitzell

1. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

I suppose my question is really whether it will be worth it to replace the relays in the RG-16 or just call it a day on the RG-16 and get it out of my rack. I'll need another loop switcher or alternative. I do know of a method with the FX Loop on my DigiTech GSP2101 which may deal with my...
  2. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

Hi Ron, thanks for the quick response to clarify: I only get squeal with a guitar connected if the volume is all the way to zero the squeal stops- for all the guitars tested which squeal with the single coil Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder the squeal pitch changes (pitch frequency rises as the...
  3. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

OK, so I ran thru a couple more scenarios I tried using RG-16 Send 2 out to TriAxis Input> TriAxis output to RG-16 Loop 4 return and squealing is the same as using the same loop. I also tried Send 3 to Rtn4 and also Send2 to Rtn3; squealing remains I tried changing power from 9V AC to 12V DC...
  4. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

TriAxis settings are 5.5-6.0 on Lead 2 yellow or red and overall gain over 5.5? And that's too high? Similar settings on the Rock Master...probably just a little hotter I'll try 2 loops and report back...
  5. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

I dug into my squealing issue a bit today: 1-I don't notice any difference with or without the moulded, hosa type knock-offs 2-connecting Guitar Out to RG-16 rear Input I notice no difference compared with the front panel Input and a cable From Front>rear Input 3-Using only RG-16 serial loop...
  6. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

Ron, thanks for the quick response. OK, I'll not start another thread :) Well, I have three different preamps for selection with the serial loops I have a Rock Master which also squeals like mad too....just like the TriAxis Loop 1 sounds alright with a DigiTech GSP2101 I never use the TriAxis...
  7. ctreitzell

RG-16 Problem

Have you guys taken this to a private conversation? KDV and I have been talking about this over at TGP My RG-16 is squealing with high gain preamp settings in the serial loops I have Mesa Boogie TriAxis and when the TriAxis is not running thru the RG-16, the squealing is gone as soon as I get...
  8. ctreitzell

Mastering the Mastermind video series

These have been great. Thanks so much for doing them. I'm grateful you are producing so many and I hope others are too. It's really helped expand my strategy for programming my midi controller and I don't even have a MM yet! Looks like I best get one soon.
  9. ctreitzell

RG-16 Power: Is 10V AC ok?

Wonderful, thank you I assumed so, but just wanted to verify
  10. ctreitzell

RG-16 Power: Is 10V AC ok?

I just rewired my rack and have a power supply which has two 9V AC zones. The actual voltage is a bit higher. Zone One 9V AC is actually 9.89V-10.25V and Zone Two 9V AC is 9.19-9.45 I do have a spare variable DC zone which could be set to exactly 12.00V DC if Zones One and Two are too high...
Back