Recent content by darcym

1. D

effect gizmo - terrible hum / noise again

just to clarify what should be plugged in and what should the output be to test this properly. into the front input - then from 1-4 out ? how should I test the outputs on this.
  2. D

check out the video, the effect gizmo is out of the rack, on a wooden desk, with an isolated power supply (totally different than the one in the rack) separated by rubber feet
  3. D

yes, zero impact. if it was a ground problem, wouldn't it still impact the "from front" output too ? eg: wouldn't it still hum / buzz when using the "from front" output on the rear too ?
  4. D

Hi, late last year I started a project to re-wire my rack, and had a huge hum / noise problem, posted this thread about it https://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/effects-gizmo-terrible-buzz-noise-when-plugged-into-front-input.3901/ Really helpful, got a replacement cable, all...
  5. D

advice: Linking and Effect Gizmo and a mini-effect-gizmo

I want to add a mini-effect-gizmo to my rack to give me a few extra loops. What is the better option for adding the mini into the effect gizmo's signal path, it seems pretty obvious at a basic level for me to output the effect-gizmo into the input of the mini-effect-gizmo, then output the...
  6. D

Effects Gizmo - terrible buzz/noise when plugged into front input

that would be perfect, I can more than manage the work you describe, thank you.
  7. D

I'm %99 certain I've done this right, but just to confirm set the meter to ohms, plugged the two cables in, one to the front one to the "from front" in the back. Power the effects gizmo unit on. Touching the unplugged and of the cable at the tip of the cables in the front and from front inputs...
  8. D

found my multi-meter, going to need some basic instructions on what to do to get you the info you need (sorry)
  9. D

it's only a couple of months old - I bought it as a replacement / additional gizmo while I got someone to repair my old one which you kindly sent the CPU for. I can't really send it back from the USA from the UK for a jack socket assembly. I can supply the serial number if that helps know if it...
  10. D

some video files just to show the situation and differences between front and back input front input - noise and buzzing http://bender.dnsdata.co.uk/images/video/rjm/gizmo-front-input.m4v rear inut 1-4 jack http://bender.dnsdata.co.uk/images/video/rjm/gizmo-1-4-rear-input.m4v all with the...
  11. D

I'm re-writing my rack with a new RJM effects gizmo, I decided to do some individual loop testing to make sure where was no problems before bolting it all in place and finding a problem. When I plugged the guitar into the front input on the effects gizmo there is just a terrible loud buzz so...
  12. D

way to mount a minieffect gizmo in a rack

even better, could you make me a mini in a gizmo chassis ?
  13. D

any hacks or guys who've done something like this ?
  14. D

I've got an effect gizmo, rack mounted, great. I needed 2 extra loops so bought a mini effects gizmo to cover those 2 extra loops (no doubt I'll use the other 3 too). I don't want to put this in a rack drawer as it moves around, I want to position it next to my effects gizmo, I obviously didn't...
Back