Recent content by moehuh

1. M

Increased noise floor when running thru PBC...

I found that having a Lehle buffer (Sunday Driver II) between Out1-4 and In5-6 seems to help a bit with the noise. But it's weird that the internal buffer #1 wouldn't help. Also having the same buffer in front of the PBC doesn't help. There is something strange between In5-6 and Out5-6
  2. M

Sorry I did not write it in a clear way. Let me try again :) no noise when connecting: Guitar into return 5 -> send 6 to amp (loop 5&6 ON) Guitar into In5-6 -> send 6 to amp (loop 6 ON) Guitar into In1-4 -> Out1-4 to amp noise when connecting: Guitar into In5-6 -> Out5-6 (with or without...
  3. M

Thanks for reaching out. I just did another bunch of tests and the problem seems to be tied to Out5-6 and loop 5 send. no noise when connecting: loop5 return -> loop6 send In5-6 -> loop6 send In1-4 -> Out1-4 noise when connecting: In5-6 -> Out5-6 (with or without pedals connected in loops 5&6)...
  4. M

After struggling with an elevated noise floor on my PBC10 for a while, I finally figured out that the hissing gets introduced between In 5-6 and Out 5-6. I've tried a Lehle P-split in various locations without any success. Turning the internal buffers ON doesn't seem to help. It sounds more like...
  5. M

MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.5.0

Not sure if a typo or intentional, but I love it :-D My MacBook chrashed multiple times since this macOS update and it well deserves that name!
  6. M

Any advice for single-amp stereo effects?

Are you using only mono cables in the loops? There is a button at the back to send output A to both outputs. Hit that. If you still have a volume drop, then it might be a faulty cable or different input gains at your monitors or DAW? You could try going into one pedal from the PBC (let's say...
  7. M

Any advice for single-amp stereo effects?

Works great. Just make sure you're not driving the line level too hard. Some pedals will clip otherwise. Had that on my Timeline and BigSky, but it's pretty obvious and easy to adjust. Having delay and reverb after the amp will sound a lot clearer than before. Maybe try that once and see if you...
  8. M

HX stomp inconsistent behaviour

Try turning off snapshot bypass for the blocks controlled by the footswitches on the Stomp
  9. M

Your PBC6X / HX Stomp set ups

I forgot that you cannot migrate settings to the 6X. But once you understand the basic idea, it should be straight forward to program for the 6X
  10. M

I removed all other pages, so it's easier to find and understand. I have a dedicated page for the HX Stomp on page 4. The only other important part is the Button Group 2 in the Global tab. It is configured to turn amps and IRs on, when the IR only or amp&cab off button is NOT selected. Have fun :)
  11. M

Thanks guys! Happy to give you some inspiration, I've spent quite some time figuring it out ;-) As great as the amp modeling on the Helix is, nothing beats two real amps in stereo. Being able to switch to whatever I feel like atm is awesome! You can also use snapshots the same way my amp&cab IA...
  12. M

I use my Stomp in loop 8 of my PBC10 in a hybrid way: - Direct to FOH after the board: With amp modulation always on and certain effects on only if needed - In front of real amps, with the same presets (for the effects only) but obviously without amp modulation - Amp into load box into the Stomp...
  13. M

MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.5.0

I agree with Zach, a scaled back version for editing songs and setlists would already be great as a mobile solution. I woulnd't mind having to use a computer for "deep-editing". Once your setup works, most changes will only be song and setlist related.
  14. M

Could be that you're hitting the button too quickly. Maybe it was still sending the previous message when you hit it again. I remember a similar scenario with a button that has multiple CCs for the Stomp. But then again, I was having conflicting CC messages on other buttons, which I got...
  15. M

If amp is OFF and dist+amp is ON you have a conflict with CC #50. The amp sends CC #50 off and the other CC #50 on. When loading a preset, this sends both button messages. Depending on which messages arrives first to the Stomp, this results in both on or only one. Pretty sure it's that. Try...
Back