Recent content by middle_pickup

1. middle_pickup

MASTERMIND PBC 5.0.1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Saw the addition of that changelog page. Thanks for that!
  2. middle_pickup

Something I was thinking about which would be a good place for something like a change log is that it would be helpful to have a community wiki for the RJM products. There’s a ton of info on here that probably gets asked a dozen times. Just something to consider. I know understand that...
  3. middle_pickup

Haven’t updated my firmware in a while. Is there a change log page listing every version so I can see what I’ve missed?
  4. middle_pickup

Mastermind Editor package manager for windows

Microsoft has a new package manager for their command line called winget. It's basically a clone of apt-get from Linux, if you're familiar. It's been really nice in my testing so far. I would love to see the RJM mastermind editor software be added to the repository to begin getting updates for...
  5. middle_pickup

Pedal Polarity Probs

Cool. At least I'm learning what I need to make this happen. Thanks, @rjmmusic!
  6. middle_pickup

Pedal Polarity Probs

Hang on. I just read the PBC manual says I can invert the phase of the B output on a per preset basis! This might be exactly what I need. My question is will it matter where in the signal path the polarity inversion happens? If the left and right signals being sent into my stereo effects...
  7. middle_pickup

Pedal Polarity Probs

Does anyone know of a device with either midi, or function switch control that will let me selectively invert the polarity of a signal? The only one I have seen is the Mesa Boogie A/B/Y switcher, which is like $300. It's too expensive, and too large for my rig. I'm looking for this because I'm...
  8. middle_pickup

Mogami 2314 vs 2319

I did a lot of looking on their site yesterday, and couldn't figure out if the smaller 2314 has the same vinyl or PVC whatever that black conductive layer is. That helps with noise cancelling, or something right? The part you have to cut back or your cable is shorted dead.
  9. middle_pickup

Mogami 2314 vs 2319

I've used 2319 for many years on my boards, but I'm looking at the 2314 on my next build just because it might save a little weight. I have a huge board, and every little bit helps. It might not actually be worth it. Currently doing the math based on Mogami's specs listed on their site. What...
  10. middle_pickup

PBC buffer discussion

After doing a little back and forth with the buffers I ultimately decided it isn't worth messing with. I notice very little difference when turning the buffers off in the PBC. My board has the goodwood interfacer as the first and last thing in the chain, so I'm always buffered anyway. There are...
  11. middle_pickup

PBC buffer discussion

Just came across this video from Vertex Effects on the subject of buffers. Mason points out that too many buffers can have a detrimental effect on your tone. I'm interested to hear what you all are using for buffer settings on your PBC's, and if you have any other buffers outside of the PBC...
  12. middle_pickup

Midi 2.0?

Having the PBC work as a USB host sounds really cool, but I mean midi 2.0. As I have read online it's the forthcoming update to midi. I'm sure after it's released new pedals will support it. I'm just hoping that the PBC will be able to keep up without a hardware change. Idk what specific...
  13. middle_pickup

dB adjustment per loop

One simple idea might be to place a volume pot after the fuzz that's too loud. I know Michael Pope did that with his fuzz loop. Just put a pot in a box, and roll it down slightly to attenuate the output of the fuzz. Place the volume box after the fuzz, but in the loop with the fuzz. The box can...
  14. middle_pickup

Midi clock subdivision?

I needed a dotted 1/16 note delay for a song today. The Timeline doesn't support that subdivision directly, so I made a preset on mh PBC that recalls a dotted 1/8 delay. To double the delay time of the Timeline as I needed I set the midi clock to 1/8 note instead of the typical 1/4. The...
  15. middle_pickup

Midi 2.0?

Will it be possible to update the PBC to support midi 2.0? I know the spec isn't released yet, but I am hoping that once it is the Universal Audio UA FX line of pedals will get an update for midi over their USB C ports. Do the PBC microcontrollers have the capacity to handle the 2.0 you think?
Back