How Do You Have Your Main Page Set Up?

I apologize if there's already a thread like this but I'm very curious to see how everyone's setting up their PBC Main Pages. Here's mine:

2FE98501-A446-4581-BB08-E20FAE353697_zps6iwe9r8n.jpeg

The inactive presets are set to purple and the active to aqua so I can see how many presets are in any given song. I have the Page Up/Page Down buttons as blue and they flash white with the tempo so I have an idea of how fast the tempo is for that song.

When you hit Page Up, it goes to the Loops page. Page Down, it goes to a MIDI Setup page where I can choose which Strymon preset (for my BigSky and Timeline) are active. If I hit Page Down again, it takes me to the Switches Page.

Any other out-of-the-box setup methods for their Main Page?

for me i have it set as follows:

LOOPS - banks through my pages
SWITCHES - saves my preset if i make any changes to it live
MUTE - turns on tuner/mutes signal
BANK DOWN/UP - goes to the previous/next song in my designated set list
1-5 - presets for each song; typically... intro, verse 1, chorus, verse 2, bridge
FUNCTION - tap tempo

Mine will probably change. I'm used to a GT, so I try to keep things intuitive, where I don't have the displays.
1. Is tap tempo
2 - 4 are presets
5 is an IA for my boost pedal.
6 is the tuner, held it goes to page 3, which is the default IA'S for the audio loops.
7 & 8 I haven't done anything with...yet
9 & 10 are bank/song down, bank/song up.

I'm sure things will change once I really put it through it's paces. Since I'm used to controlling a rack with a GT, it's taking a bit of adjusting. I tend to rely on presets, rather than switching a lot of IA's. It's a great system, I just getting used to it.

I'm just getting started with the PBC but my setup is like this:

Loops = Page down
Switches = Page up
Function = Loop 5 (My Klon for boost)

Everything else is default for now

I just have presets 1-5 and all the other buttons right now are unchanged from factory. I use Setlist Maker to select songs from an iPad, which then sends program changes to the Mastermind and any attached midi capable devices (I can store per song midi presets in Setlist Maker). I have Presets set up with pretty much every pedal combination possible and then select the desired Presets for each song we perform. Since I control the song selection from the iPad I can easily shift around song order without it affecting the Mastermind at all...no need to bank through songs or mess with its Setlist function. Since the Midi Presets sent when I select a song on the iPad are a one time change, I have created specific presets for certain songs with Midi changes in them that the Mastermind triggers (like if a song goes from Chorus to Phaser, and I need to change the bank on my Strymon Mobius back and forth).

An odd part of my set up is I use bass pedals to play simple synth parts. Initially this could create a tap dance if I was having to switch to a solo preset while at the same time triggering a synth note on the bass pedals, but I learned I could program the triggering of that initial note into a Mastermind Preset, so when I select that solo Preset, the first synth notes sounds automatically going into the solo. Pretty slick.

I keep figuring out new things I can do so I may eventually move beyond the factory setup of the first page, but so far it works fine in thie setup.

I apologize if there's already a thread like this but I'm very curious to see how everyone's setting up their PBC Main Pages. Here's mine:

2FE98501-A446-4581-BB08-E20FAE353697_zps6iwe9r8n.jpeg

The inactive presets are set to purple and the active to aqua so I can see how many presets are in any given song. I have the Page Up/Page Down buttons as blue and they flash white with the tempo so I have an idea of how fast the tempo is for that song.

When you hit Page Up, it goes to the Loops page. Page Down, it goes to a MIDI Setup page where I can choose which Strymon preset (for my BigSky and Timeline) are active. If I hit Page Down again, it takes me to the Switches Page.

Any other out-of-the-box setup methods for their Main Page?

Paul, really like the way you've laid our your main page. Can you describe what your different presets are and what's on each page behind the main page?

Thanks,
Bill

I Like all the variations on this thread. Here's how I'm using mine. Rig is a Bogner goldfinger 45 head, Big Sky, Timeline, Mobius, 2 boosts, 3 drives, comp, wah, and volume.
I leave my preset page basically stock, but if i hold my tap tempo, it takes me to the mobius page (more on that later).
My loop page is stock, but as a hold function on each of my strymon loops (8-10) takes me to a page for each respective unit. On those pages bank up/down scrolls thru my 5 favs, and the 5 preset buttons give me instant access to those as well. My tap tempo button becomes a bypass for the unit, the tuner button becomes a home button that returns to page 1. The loops button is just that...return to loops. I also used the "switches" button for my boost IA. This was all working fine until i tried to work the Mobius Pre/Post into the mix. So i left it in loop 8 for post, and used the insert between 4 and 5 for the Pre. It works fine, but now I'm having to go back and tell every preset of every song what state of bypass the mobius is in. No biggie, unless you have 250 odd presets...uhgg. Slowly getting there though. I sure open to suggestions on ways to streamline my bigger picture. Love my PBC!!!

My effects are a Volume, Way, Suhr compressor, BE-OD, Clarksdale, Velvet Fuzz, OCD, Body-Rez, 2 Eventide H9s and a Graphic EQ.

1-5 I'm presently using as presets, when not in setlist mode, from left to right increases in gain.
6 is a lead boost, My 1st Eventide H9 adding a .500ms delay with a 2db output boost while also switching on my compressor. The 5 Preset buttons are White when not active, Blue when selected, the Boost Green when off, Red when on.

The Store button works as stock.

The switches button brings me to my MIDI page with the hold function bringing me to my Switches page.

The Mute button activates my 2nd H9 (Modulation effects) with the hold function activating the Tuner.

The Bank Up & Down work as stock with the exception of the hold function of the hold function on the Bank Up activating the Setup function.

I've reordered the buttons on my Loops page to match my signal flow/pedal layout and is otherwise stock.

My Switches page is stock.

My MIDI page controls the PCs and activation of my H9s and will in the future will control a Source Audio EQ as well as access a page to activate one of the H9s as a looper.

While in Song/Setlist mode, only the required preset buttons are illuminated, White off, Blue on.

I'm considering making a "Jam" page to operate in a preset mode but eliminating the Bank Up & Down in favour of 2 more IAs for different H9 Modulation presets for non structured playing.

I've had My PBC since the beginning of July and am truly enjoying the awesome flexibility it offers as well as the after sales support received. It has made the expense well justified. Quite a step up from my Decibel11 unit it's replacing.

I'm considering making a "Jam" page to operate in a preset mode but eliminating the Bank Up & Down in favour of 2 more IAs for different H9 Modulation presets for non structured playing.

I've had My PBC since the beginning of July and am truly enjoying the awesome flexibility it offers as well as the after sales support received. It has made the expense well justified. Quite a step up from my Decibel11 unit it's replacing.[/QUOTE]

Nice work,
I did build a "Jam" page with some of my common presets. works really well.

Back