Mastermind Firmware 3.1.10 / Editor 3.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here with the same issue. Just got my PBC and pumped to get going with the editor software. I installed the latest firmware to 3.1.7 on the PBC, but the 3.1.7 editor software won't open. Same message as previous poster displayed. Using a Mac el Capitan 10.11.6. I'm trying to figure out how to download an older editor version as I'm just starting this venture. Can't seem to find a link to download anywhere other than the most recent. Any help would be much appreciated!

I just found the 3.1.6 editor download and it worked beautifully. So I'm good with the older editor software, but there def seems to be a glitch with opening 3.1.7 editor!

A few more bug fixes for you, in the form of release 3.1.9...
I'm now having issues with my expression pedal, it's randomly acting like the "send current value on preset change" is on when it's tuned off. It happening on the same presets coming from specific presets after i use the exp. pedal and leave it pressed toe down. This goes away after going back and forth a few times.
I also have 1 preset that shows the pedal position at half before i have even engaged the exp.pedal.
Anyone else experiencing anything similar after 3.1.9?

Thanks

I'm now having issues with my expression pedal, it's randomly acting like the "send current value on preset change" is on when it's tuned off. It happening on the same presets coming from specific presets after i use the exp. pedal and leave it pressed toe down. This goes away after going back and forth a few times.
I also have 1 preset that shows the pedal position at half before i have even engaged the exp.pedal.
Anyone else experiencing anything similar after 3.1.9?

Thanks
I haven't had any problems like the expression acting like it's pressed before it actually is...but I have noticed that I run into fewer problems if I leave the heel down when I'm not using it.

Maybe you saved the preset while the expression pedal was depressed part of the way and now it remembers that...? Just throwing out ideas...

I haven't had any problems like the expression acting like it's pressed before it actually is...but I have noticed that I run into fewer problems if I leave the heel down when I'm not using it.

Maybe you saved the preset while the expression pedal was depressed part of the way and now it remembers that...? Just throwing out ideas...
I don't think the PBC can remember EXP pedal positions as its simply passing the EXP position through to it's final destination either via analog, or in this case midi. The PBC will only remember the preset range of EXP midi control.

@Charlie where is the Eventide in your midi chain? If it's first, Eventides have been known to have issues sending midi through downstream to other midi devices.

I don't think the PBC can remember EXP pedal positions as its simply passing the EXP position through to it's final destination either via analog, or in this case midi. The PBC will only remember the preset range of EXP midi control.

@Charlie where is the Eventide in your midi chain? If it's first, Eventides have been known to have issues sending midi through downstream to other midi devices.
My H9 is second in line, i have been through that issue though.
My PBC is acting up a bit, i factory reset and went back to some of my older setting files and still had issues.
I'll email Ron.
Thanks for the response!

Important update!!! There's a new 3.1.10 release that fixes 2 bugs, including one that can lock up your PBC. I definitely recommend updating to this one.

Reactions: Jop
Ron, I did the update, now it's telling me that my editor version is too old to talk to the PBC. I have the newest editor 3.1.7...?? Any ideas?

Yes, sorry about that, try downloading and updating again, it should fix it.

If you go into the PBC menu and select System Functions, then System Info, the version number should be "3.1.10 / 4192", if it's not, then it needs to be updated to avoid the editor problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back