Tempo Double flashes?

It doesn't really matter which device is the source of the tempo at the moment, as long as they are locked in and I have my flashing light and BPM readout on the floor in front of me (I only need the BPM readout for some presets I have for a particular band). The calculate from flashes isn't always correct and i think i'd prefer to not display the value than have the wrong value displayed.

It'd be better in future for me if it was the GT that was the source of the tempo as I could send the MIDI clock to other devices - the Axe doesn't send MIDI clock so I couldn't sync other gear very easily. Can't I tap the tempo into the GT and then have everything sync to the GT clock?

Yes, but then set "Send Realtime Sysex" in Axe-Fx settings to Tuner so that it doesn't send tempo flashes.

Yes, but then set "Send Realtime Sysex" in Axe-Fx settings to Tuner so that it doesn't send tempo flashes.

Cool ok. But how can I set up a button to tap the tempo in to the GT?

In the Manual it says:

Each button has a Tempo parameter. If this setting is turned on, tapping the button repeatedly will make it flash at the same rate it was tapped.

However this is not working for me. Tapping the button with tempo turned on does nothing. It only flashes when a tempo is defined for that song or preset, and then tapping it will not change that tempo...

Last edited:
Never mind I needed to turn Update on preset change on! Everything is grooving now with the GT as the master clock :)

Back