Strymon Favorite engaged by Func 1 on PBC power-up, every time

Jonn

I'm using the PBC Func 1 switch to engage/disengage the Favorite setting of my Strymon Flint. I have the the PBC's Func SW 1/2 input connected to the Flint EXP input view regular 1/4" cable. On the PBC, FN1 is set to "Inv" via the Editor Function Switch Settings. I can use the PBC Page 3 Func 1 switch (with default configuration) to engage/disengage the Flint Favorite. I also have the Func 1 state saved as ON in some presets and when I engage those presents, the Flint Favorite setting is engaged, and when I switch to presets that do not have the Func 1 state saved as ON, the Flint leaves the Favorite setting.

All this is great, working exactly as I hoped.

But one thing is happening that I don't want: Every time the PBC is powered up, the Flint Favorite setting is engaged, regardless of the state it was previously in, or the Func 1 state of the PBC preset loaded on start up.

It's easy enough to sort: If I click a preset that has the Func 1 state saved as ON, then switch to a preset that does not have Func 1 state saved as ON, the Flint Favorite is disengaged and all future use of Func 1 (whether by switch or preset state) is as expected. Since Func 1 is ON (Flint Favorite engaged) on my Global Preset, my current work-around is to click the "Function" switch (Global Preset on Page 1), then switch 1 (my first preset of the first song of the setlist) as soon as I power up the PBC. Easy enough.

But is there something I can change so that the Flint Favorite is not engaged on PBC startup, unless the first preset asks for it? I've tried using a TRS cable and switching to Func SW 3/4 but the behavior is the same.

Anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix it? What I might be doing wrong in my configuration?

Not sure if my wordy explanation above is helpful or confusing, so I did a quick-n-dirty video capture of what is going on:

Attached below is my current configuration file. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Attachments

• pbc-5.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Sorry for the delay in responding, I am looking into this...
My Deco and Flint do the same thing. Using my PBC to control both of their favorite switching with a insert cable. Can't remember which specific function output I'm running them from on the PBC-dunno if that matters. Can look.

Not a fix, but a work around: I added a startup Macro that sets the System/Preset to the Global, then sets the System/Preset to Previous. That performs the same routine that I used to reset the board to an expected state in the video above. This means the problem sorts itself whenever I power up.

Again, not a fix to the problem as it's dependent on fact that my Global preset has the Flint favorite engaged. But a nice simplification of my current setup routine, thanks to the power and configurability of the Mastermind PBC.

Back