MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 4.0.11 / EDITOR 4.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my expression pedal fix didn't do the job, version 4.0.3 is now available and it should take care of it.

Looks like my expression pedal fix didn't do the job, version 4.0.3 is now available and it should take care of it.

Thanks! Just, FYI, I don't knowingly touch any of the affected areas, but I loaded and tested 4.0.2 this AM and found no issues with my assorted five banks of presets and alternates and Function switch global, etc. I'll give 4.0.3 a go in a day or two.

- Dave C

I have noticed in 4.0.3 that you can't scroll faster through a setlist or song bank by holding down bank up or bank down anymore.

I have noticed in 4.0.3 that you can't scroll faster through a setlist or song bank by holding down bank up or bank down anymore.

Can you send me your settings? I can get Bank Up and Bank Down to repeat here using 4.0.3 and default settings.

Another thing to check is external switches. Incorrect switches (latching instead of momentary, or normally closed instead of normally open) can interfere with button repeats.

Can only 1 expression pedal action be assigned at a time? I’d like to setup multiple expression settings with varying min - max values for several cc messages that are controlled with one physical pedal.

Thanks!

Can only 1 expression pedal action be assigned at a time? I’d like to setup multiple expression settings with varying min - max values for several cc messages that are controlled with one physical pedal.

Thanks!

Only one settings block can be active at a time, but each block can send two CCs, to two different devices if desired.

Only one settings block can be active at a time, but each block can send two CCs, to two different devices if desired.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I noticed the two devices, but in my use case this creates a challenge while switching presets. For example, if I'm trying to control my delay and reverb mix at the same time, I would need to create an extensive amount of expression pedals to match the min/max values of each preset combination.

Delay (min/max value)
Mix Light: 0/16
Mix Medium: 0/32
Mix Heavy: 0/64

Reverb (min/max value)
Mix Light: 0/16
Mix Medium: 0/32
Mix Heavy: 0/64

Maybe what's needed is the ability to assign the min/mx value of each continuous controller of an expression pedal through IA Actions? That way I could create an expression pedal for delay and reverb mix, and based on the preset selected, adjust the range for the specific continuous controller.

Also, is there are reason why there are only 2 continuous controllers per expression pedal?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Maybe what's needed is the ability to assign the min/mx value of each continuous controller of an expression pedal through IA Actions? That way I could create an expression pedal for delay and reverb mix, and based on the preset selected, adjust the range for the specific continuous controller.

Also, is there are reason why there are only 2 continuous controllers per expression pedal?

I see what you mean, about the min/max, I will think about that.

Generally, the reason a feature isn't implemented is either:
1). No one has asked for it (or if it's a difficult feature, I tend to wait to hear requests from a lot of people before committing to it)
or
2). Or, I just haven't had time to do it yet.

Going beyond 2 CCs per pedal is mostly because there haven't been many requests for it. I'm also a bit concerned about the amount of data going over the MIDI connection. MIDI is very slow and four simultaneous streams of expression pedal data is not something I've tested. We can't have the GT producing a data stream faster than MIDI can transmit it. I can do some tricks to limit the number of CCs per second, but I'm not sure how well that will work.

I see what you mean, about the min/max, I will think about that.

Generally, the reason a feature isn't implemented is either:
1). No one has asked for it (or if it's a difficult feature, I tend to wait to hear requests from a lot of people before committing to it)
or
2). Or, I just haven't had time to do it yet.

Going beyond 2 CCs per pedal is mostly because there haven't been many requests for it. I'm also a bit concerned about the amount of data going over the MIDI connection. MIDI is very slow and four simultaneous streams of expression pedal data is not something I've tested. We can't have the GT producing a data stream faster than MIDI can transmit it. I can do some tricks to limit the number of CCs per second, but I'm not sure how well that will work.

Ok thanks for letting me know, hope it's not too much trouble. On another note, I'm sending a PC message to a Source Audio Nemesis and at the same time a CC message to toggle the state of a parameter. It seems like whenever a PC change is made to a preset different from the current, the CC message does not take affect. Almost as if it is being skipped all together... maybe some sort of race condition. Can CC messages be deferred after PC messages are sent somehow?

Thanks

I can think of two possibilities: either the CC is being sent before the PC, or pedal ignores MIDI messages for a while after it receives a CC (I've heard of it happening in some other deviecs, but never have tried that specific pedal)

How is the PC message being specified? Is it an action on a button, is it being sent by a preset using the PC Messages section or something else?

I can think of two possibilities: either the CC is being sent before the PC, or pedal ignores MIDI messages for a while after it receives a CC (I've heard of it happening in some other deviecs, but never have tried that specific pedal)

How is the PC message being specified? Is it an action on a button, is it being sent by a preset using the PC Messages section or something else?

Thanks for getting back to me Ron. I'm using to separate IA Buttons. One to choose the preset via PC message and another to assign the parameter on the pedal via CC message.

Thanks for getting back to me Ron. I'm using to separate IA Buttons. One to choose the preset via PC message and another to assign the parameter on the pedal via CC message.

Ok, and on preset change, you want both buttons to send their messages, correct? If that's the case: on preset change, buttons are processed in order starting with page 1, button 1, then button 2, through button 10. The Loops button is the last one processed on each page. Then it continues to the next page. You may be able to fix the problem just by swapping the position of the two buttons in question.

Ok, and on preset change, you want both buttons to send their messages, correct? If that's the case: on preset change, buttons are processed in order starting with page 1, button 1, then button 2, through button 10. The Loops button is the last one processed on each page. Then it continues to the next page. You may be able to fix the problem just by swapping the position of the two buttons in question.

Yes on preset change, I want to send the PC message to change the preset on the Nemesis and then alter its state with a CC message. I'm currently Sending the PC on page 7 and the CC on page 9.

Hmm, that should work. Do you have a MIDI monitor you could use to verify the messages that are coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back