MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 4.0.11 / EDITOR 4.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I don't. Only thing that I can do to test right now is to connect my nemesis to the Source Audio Neuro Desktop app. I can see that the preset is changing but the CC message doesn't update the parameter until I switch to another preset on my PBC that has the same Preset and CC combination.

Unfortunately I don't. Only thing that I can do to test right now is to connect my nemesis to the Source Audio Neuro Desktop app. I can see that the preset is changing but the CC message doesn't update the parameter until I switch to another preset on my PBC that has the same Preset and CC combination.

Actually, I just found one. Let me take a look at what I can find out.

Ok it looks like the all the messages are being sent from the PBC in the right order. Going to check with the folks at Source Audio.

Thanks!

Hmm, that should work. Do you have a MIDI monitor you could use to verify the messages that are coming out?
I checked with a Midi monitor and it looks like the right messages are being sent. However, Source Audio is saying that Nemesis cannot read simultaneous midi messages. While observing the midi messages being sent it looks like they are being transmitted at the same time.

Try this: edit your Global Preset button. It should have two actions:
System / Preset preset:Global
System / Macro off:1 on:None

Make sure all checkboxes are off except IA Link

Then, create Macro #1 (or a different number if #1 is being used). Turn on the "Force state to" checkbox, and select "On". Add the following action:

System / Preset preset: previous
Oh didn't see that ... gonna try right now ... thanks a million .. will keep you posted

Hey Ron,

Not sure if this is a firmware question or a general question but I'll go with the former. I was experimenting with using an external tuner in loop #10 while accessing the Mute button. So, I simply added another IA action as shown below, thinking that I'd still get a Mute function and the System/Tuner function but with the added action of loop #10 getting activated. However, this did not work. I got no signal to loop #10 even using using a dummy plug on the #10 return jack. Am I missing something? Thanks!

- Dave

S8RSR2n.png

I checked with a Midi monitor and it looks like the right messages are being sent. However, Source Audio is saying that Nemesis cannot read simultaneous midi messages. While observing the midi messages being sent it looks like they are being transmitted at the same time.

MIDI is a serial interface, it's not possible for more than one message to be sent simultaneously. It's quite likely that the PBC is sending the messages as fast as MIDI allows, though. The pedal probably can't handle it, as I mentioned above some products have a small window of time after changing presets where they don't respond to MIDI messages.

Unfortunately, we don't have any way to slow down the PBC's output at this time.

Hey Ron,

Not sure if this is a firmware question or a general question but I'll go with the former. I was experimenting with using an external tuner in loop #10 while accessing the Mute button. So, I simply added another IA action as shown below, thinking that I'd still get a Mute function and the System/Tuner function but with the added action of loop #10 getting activated. However, this did not work. I got no signal to loop #10 even using using a dummy plug on the #10 return jack. Am I missing something? Thanks!

- Dave

The mute function mutes at the input, routing the signal away from the main signal path and sending it to the CPU for tuning. So, there's no signal that appears at any loop once the mute is active. This is a function of the hardware, it's not something we could change easily.

The mute function mutes at the input, routing the signal away from the main signal path and sending it to the CPU for tuning. So, there's no signal that appears at any loop once the mute is active. This is a function of the hardware, it's not something we could change easily.

Ahhhh....THAT explains it! Ummm...but, I also tried removing the System/Tuner IA Action (which I assumed caused the mute action) and only having the Audio Loop function but I still got no signal. Is this because the Mute button is hard-wired to the Mute HW and no amount of alternate programming via firmware can change it?

Try this: edit your Global Preset button. It should have two actions:
System / Preset preset:Global
System / Macro off:1 on:None

Make sure all checkboxes are off except IA Link

Then, create Macro #1 (or a different number if #1 is being used). Turn on the "Force state to" checkbox, and select "On". Add the following action:

System / Preset preset: previous
So Ron, that works as far as going back top the previous preset. Only minor problem is the former preset LED doesn't turn back on and it basically shows no preset light when returning to previous preset ... any suggestion ? Thanks again

So Ron, that works as far as going back top the previous preset. Only minor problem is the former preset LED doesn't turn back on and it basically shows no preset light when returning to previous preset ... any suggestion ? Thanks again
'
Is this an actual preset button, or an IA button that recalls a preset?

'
Is this an actual preset button, or an IA button that recalls a preset?
I'm not sure I understand the question but I guess it is an actual preset button? ( let's say I am in preset 1, the light above the preset button shows I'm on preset 1, I then press the global button ( which turns on) when I press the global again, I return to preset 1 but the light above button 1 doesn't come back up ...
I case I will upload my setup file

Attachments

• 26-PBC Setup Kamil Feb 2 2018 Global reverse back.rjs.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
This may be a really dumb question, but before I updated to the most current firmware version, when I hit the Loops button, the LCD would display "Loops", and then "Switches" next. Now it doesn't. It appears to be going to those selections correctly, but just doesn't display those words. I looked at my original "master" blank file - mine was set up by Goodwood Audio - and don't see anything that looks different in the setup. I perused the editor quickly and didn't see anything that is obvious as to how that gets programmed - I skimmed the updated manual too. Everything else seems to be working the same/better. Please help! And thank you!

This may be a really dumb question, but before I updated to the most current firmware version, when I hit the Loops button, the LCD would display "Loops", and then "Switches" next. Now it doesn't. It appears to be going to those selections correctly, but just doesn't display those words. I looked at my original "master" blank file - mine was set up by Goodwood Audio - and don't see anything that looks different in the setup. I perused the editor quickly and didn't see anything that is obvious as to how that gets programmed - I skimmed the updated manual too. Everything else seems to be working the same/better. Please help! And thank you!

Check the Show Page Name setting, it should be on.

Thank you Ron for the quick reply - on a Sunday! I could not find that setting in the Editor - and I looked on the PBC as well. I DID see that the Page Names on the Buttons tab in the Editor no longer had the names of those pages, so I put those in and Voila!. Except I didn't realize that if I put in a name for Page 1 it would show OVER the song name - I finally realized that after I went back to the original setup master file I have - there's a good reason to keep that! So I left the Page Name blank for Page 1 at the bottom of the Buttons page in the Editor and that solved it. Might be helpful to have a cursor ballon on that to explain how it works and what it does. It wasn't intuitive to me, anyway, but I am still pretty new to the PBC and I continue to be impressed with the depth and flexibility in this unit!

I like the online wiki on the PBC editor but in the short time I spent looking for this issue I didn't see it there, either.

Sorry about that, I forgot that the parameter isn't in the PBC, it's Mastermind GT only. It's effectively turned on all the time on the PBC.

Good point about the page name parameter. I should add a hint about that.

Firmware 4.0.5 is now available, which fixes a couple of bugs.

The file seems corrupted. At least here the Mastermind is unable to run the update.

It shows the following message:
"File is not a valid update.
Please insert a USB drive containing a valid firmware file."

Is there anyone else with the same problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back