Controlling Delay Feedback and Level on AXE IIUsing Midi CC's

Budro Thedog

Has anyone ever controlled delay feedback and level using midi CC's?

I'm awaiting my new MMGT foot controller, but, want to do something like below:

1. Assign Delay Feedback to External Controller 1 on the AXE.
2. Assign Delay Level to External Controller 2 on the AXE.
3. Assign External Controller 1 to Midi CC 100 on the AXE.
4. Assign External Controller 2 to Midi CC 101 on the AXE.
5. On the foot controller, assign an IA switch to send a MIDI cc 100 message to the AXE with a Value of X (say 30) that would bring the delay feedback to "30".
6. Do something similar with delay level.

I'm not sure what I would set the values to in the MIDI CC message....any ideas?

I know I could use an expression pedal with min/max setup, but, hoping to use those for other controls.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
On the Axe-Fx, you can set the minimum and maximum values for the parameter you're going to control. Then, on the GT side, CC value 0 represents the minimum value and 127 represents the maximum. You'll have to do some math or play with the numbers to get the value you're looking for. For example, 63 would be 50%, 42 would be 33%, etc.

On the Axe-Fx, you can set the minimum and maximum values for the parameter you're going to control. Then, on the GT side, CC value 0 represents the minimum value and 127 represents the maximum. You'll have to do some math or play with the numbers to get the value you're looking for. For example, 63 would be 50%, 42 would be 33%, etc.
Awesome, I will mess with it as soon as the MMGT arrives.

Since the MMGT seems so flexible, I'm trying to think of new ways to setup pages to control parameters that I was limited with in my previous foot controller.

Just documenting some settings I did to make this work:

1. In the AXE, Setup External controller and assign a MIDI CC (in my case, External controller 5 setup for MIDI CC 100)

2. Set up a new device pc/cc device in the MMGT, assign to same MIDI channel as AXE FX (chan 1 in my case).

3. Inside of your axe block assign the parameter you want to adjust to the external controller. In my case, I setup feedback to external controller 5.

4. Create an IA button with the action with CC of the external controller (cc 100), and values associated with the parameter to turn off (as Ron said 63 would be 50%, 42 would be 33%, etc.above,)

Only drawback is you have to assign the controllers for each block in the AXE preset.

Back