So, the Axe FX 3 was Announced

I probably shouldn't have posted this here, because it has advantages for RJM products indeed.
For other, "dumb and simple" controllers however, it sure is handy.

I wish I could do something, but I'm 100% dependent on Fractal. Without the protocol information, I can't even take the first step.
Hmmmm not trying to start a flame but...... it's been more than 6 months now and still no protocol, am I just paranoid or could it be actualy that RJM will never get the protocol?

Hmmmm not trying to start a flame but...... it's been more than 6 months now and still no protocol, am I just paranoid or could it be actualy that RJM will never get the protocol?

You’re just paranoid. :)

FAS is very busy completing the FC firmware. That has to be finished before sharing the protocol.

I've been in touch with Cliff today. This is likely all we're going to see for months, they just don't have the time to document the full protocol (and to make sure it's robust enough for public use). I'm asking him for a few more features in this lesser MIDI spec, to bring it in line with the Axe-Fx 2's level of support (while still including new things like channels and scene names). I plan on running with this spec and getting the most out of it, no sense waiting for the other spec.

Yeah, gig coming up on the 21'st, fingers crossed :)

That timeframe is probably a little too optimistic. But not impossible, I suppose... I would still be wary about using it at a gig if it was available in 11 days, it will probably still be beta-level firmware in both the Axe-Fx and GT.

That timeframe is probably a little too optimistic. But not impossible, I suppose... I would still be wary about using it at a gig if it was available in 11 days, it will probably still be beta-level firmware in both the Axe-Fx and GT.

I will make due with non beta and trust your judgment kind sir ;)

I'm looking forward to this. I love my MMGT10, and being able to control the power of the AxeFXIII is going to be fantastic. Thanks so much for all that you do, Ron.
Also, that extra 7 pin MIDI cable that I recently bought was a lifesaver on tour. Flight case was accidentally closed on my main cable (well meaning volunteer offered to help pack up). Fortunately, it just crushed the plug and a few inches of cable. I was able to replace the plug the next day. Picture if you will: intrepid guitarist soldering in a hotel room... sets off smoke detector... security pounds on the door... guitarist opens door while holding smoking electric apparatus that could be a weapon / drug paraphernalia / weird Harry Potter cosplay prop. Hilarity ensues.

I'm looking forward to this. I love my MMGT10, and being able to control the power of the AxeFXIII is going to be fantastic. Thanks so much for all that you do, Ron.
Also, that extra 7 pin MIDI cable that I recently bought was a lifesaver on tour. Flight case was accidentally closed on my main cable (well meaning volunteer offered to help pack up). Fortunately, it just crushed the plug and a few inches of cable. I was able to replace the plug the next day. Picture if you will: intrepid guitarist soldering in a hotel room... sets off smoke detector... security pounds on the door... guitarist opens door while holding smoking electric apparatus that could be a weapon / drug paraphernalia / weird Harry Potter cosplay prop. Hilarity ensues.

Wow, sounds like fun! :D

I understand the GT is the first priority. Will it be easy and hopefully quick to port the AXE3 functionality to the LT?

They share a lot of the same code, so the PBC/LT firmware should not be too far behind the GT.

I just got back in town from a vacation and my new Axe-FX III was waiting for me. What is the latest state of the integration between the Axe-FX III and the Mastermind GT 22? If I update to the latest GT firmware, can I do anything? Download presets from the Axe-FX, etc.? I haven't even taken the AxeFX out of the box yet.

Back