Using PBC with POG2 with Midi Mod

So there's a company that does a MIDI Mod for the EHX POG2 that lets you recall program changes (and I believe, CC as well). Has anyone tried to use one of these modded POG2's with the PBC?

-Paul

I'm planning to get one of these. Hoping EHX will come out with a synth pedal and there will be a MIDI mod available for that too.

I installed my midi controller about a month ago. It works great. Keep it in channel 1. Their configuration program is impossible to get working but it comes preconfigured to channel 1. You need a little technical know how to install it but fairly simple. Theirs some lag in changing presets but completely workable. I have pc1-8 as the saved presets and pc9 as current configuration.

Yes indeed www.NiceRackCanada.com does sell the POG2 MIDI Mod in 2 formats.

1. Send us your POG2 and we'll install the mod and ship it back to you.
2. Purchase a Modified POG2 from us.

We do not sell the MIDI kit as a stand alone component.

Necrothread!

For the sake of those searching for answers in the future though, I'll throw out that I did the MIDI mod to my own POG 2, and it works perfectly with my PBC. I'm currently running it after the Strymon trinity, and it works and allows the MIDI signal through so that I'm able to use Strymon Nixie via the PBCs USB port with zero issues.

I recently did this too (bought the kit and modded the POG2 myself). For the most part it works perfectly, though I will say that the controller is a bit slow and has to fully cycle through to change presets. So when switching from a higher-numbered preset to a lower-numbered preset, it has a half-second jump where you hear noise from the presets in between. So for example, if you're changing from Preset 5 to Preset 1, it jumps quickly (but noticeably) up from 6 through 9, then starts again at Preset 1. Because I have one preset in there with some extreme settings, you can sometimes hear some weird organ noise during that jump.

Overall though, it works amazingly and I am 100% satisfied.

New to the pbc world and just got the modded pog2. How exactly does it have to be set up in the editor? I have set to channel 1 but not sure what to pass that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is set it to be a Generic device, set the channel correctly. Also make sure Send PCs is turned on. But others here who have actually tried it will be able to answer better.

Back