MASTERMIND GT 4.1beta1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did understand the video, I know that it won't sync scene names ATM without using songs and presets, but can it sync just the scene buttons on my GT16, without the name? If the stored scene in the Axe preset is number 3 for example, can I have scene 3 lit on the GT?

I am not able to control (bypass/un-bypass and change Channel) effect blocks with CC-numbers above 127, e.g. the Plex Delay (CC#178). The workaround so far (at least for me....) is to program the Bypass of the block to be controlled by ExtCtrl 16 (CC#26) but then I loose the possibility of changing Channel on the block. My best guess is that this is associated with the fact that MIDI only has addresses from 0 - 127 but I thought that was handled by using Sysex as "pseudo" CC's
Is it only my shortcoming, are anybody else experiencing the same issue and last but not least; how can I get control of CC#'s above 127?

Anyone??

Don’t type any cc number in the Axe, keep them to none except ext controller, where you begin with 11.
You will find all the cc in your gt if you initialize it and select Axe-FX III in the setup. Works perfect and is covered somewhere in this forum.

Don’t type any cc number in the Axe, keep them to none except ext controller, where you begin with 11.
You will find all the cc in your gt if you initialize it and select Axe-FX III in the setup. Works perfect and is covered somewhere in this forum.

Thanks for your reply but I just don't get control of CC's above 127. Here is what I have done:
- Factory reset (done that twice)
- Installed FW 4.1.b1
- Initialized the GT16 and selected Axe Fx III in the setup. I find all the CC's in the "Buttons list" in the GT Editor
- Set up the Axe Fx III according to recommendations given in this Forum (Alexander and Ron)
- Everything is working fine except from the issue of not being able to control effect block with CC's above 127. I have tried multiple and none is working. Setting up the same button with a block with CC# below 127 (or rather below 128) works like a charm and I have full control including Channel selection.

Is the problem allocated to the GT16 (and GT10) and not to the GT22 ?

EDIT: I had the "Bidirectional Midi" ticked off on the "Global" page (Midi Settings). I use two Midi Cables and thought that I had to have "Bidirectional Midi" enabled in to get Tap Tempo and Tuner (I power the GT16 via 7-pin MIDI cable and the RJM Power Adapter Box. Un-ticking the "Bidirectional MIDI" did not make any difference.

Attachments

• 17_aug_2018.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It's likely that there is a bug. CC numbers are only supposed to go to 127, but we kind of cheat in the Axe-Fx III support to allow numbers greater than 127. It may well be that I didn't remove all of the limits that keep the CC number from going above 127.

BIdirectional MIDI should really have been called "Bidirectional MIDI over one cable". In a two cable system, the Bidirectional setting does nothing, as you discovered.

It's likely that there is a bug. CC numbers are only supposed to go to 127, but we kind of cheat in the Axe-Fx III support to allow numbers greater than 127. It may well be that I didn't remove all of the limits that keep the CC number from going above 127.

BIdirectional MIDI should really have been called "Bidirectional MIDI over one cable". In a two cable system, the Bidirectional setting does nothing, as you discovered.

Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate your efforts on integrating the MasterMind GT-series with the Axe Fx III. Looking forward to the next (Beta?) release :)

I'm not sure that's the issue. I've got a 16, did the initial setup with the video on youtube, and mine goes to 151 and stops. Just got the 2 five pin into 7 pin converter. Looking forward to being able to use my wah-wah and volume pedals! Thanks for all the hard work!

I get the list of CC-numbers from #11 (Ext Ctrl 1) to #191 (Multiplexer 1). This means that I miss Multiplexer 2 and possibly some more functions/effect blocks (I haven't counted the total number of CC's but 191 is the last one I get). As you will see from the picture I have added CC#26 in the IA actions and that is to be able to control the Plex Delay 1 (see post #166) for now.
Hopefully our findings can help RON to iron out some bugs and I am more than happy to do some "trial and error" on the Beta-version:).

CC-numbersJPG.JPG

I'm not sure that's the issue. I've got a 16, did the initial setup with the video on youtube, and mine goes to 151 and stops. Just got the 2 five pin into 7 pin converter. Looking forward to being able to use my wah-wah and volume pedals! Thanks for all the hard work!

Yes, when getting scenes and converting to presets, you can't get all 512 presets. 152 Axe-Fx presets * 5 scenes = 760 presets, which gets you close to the GT's limit of 768 presets.

The next beta will have another Get Preset Names mode that's in between the two available modes. It'll allow you to view preset and scene names without allocating a GT preset to every scene.

I get the list of CC-numbers from #11 (Ext Ctrl 1) to #191 (Multiplexer 1). This means that I miss Multiplexer 2 and possibly some more functions/effect blocks (I haven't counted the total number of CC's but 191 is the last one I get). As you will see from the picture I have added CC#26 in the IA actions and that is to be able to control the Plex Delay 1 (see post #166) for now.
Hopefully our findings can help RON to iron out some bugs and I am more than happy to do some "trial and error" on the Beta-version:).

View attachment 984

I was off by one, easy to fix. Multiplexer 2 is the last effect in the list.

Hi Ron,
How do I set up the volume pedal correction in the expression pedal settings? I see that there's now a taper x and y value but how do they work? I have two Ernie Ball VP Jr pedals (one 25k and one 250k), what values would I need to set to get them to work correctly?

Hi Ron,
How do I set up the volume pedal correction in the expression pedal settings? I see that there's now a taper x and y value but how do they work? I have two Ernie Ball VP Jr pedals (one 25k and one 250k), what values would I need to set to get them to work correctly?

I haven't fully played with it yet, and the numbers are going to be different for each model of pedal, but start by setting X to 70 and Y to 20 and see where that gets you. X should be between 50 and 80 and Y should be between 20 and 30 for any normal volume pedal. There should be an ideal set of numbers that correct each pedal, but we're going to have to figure out what they are.

Geek stuff: Volume pedals work differently than expression pedals - expression pedals have a linear taper. When the pedal is at 50% position, the value it sends to the GT is 50% of maximum. The pedal position = pedal value no matter where you are on the pedal. Volume pedals have an approximation of log taper. The first 50 to 70% of the pedal's travel has the value increasing slowly, and the last part increases much more quickly. X=70,Y=20 means that the slow part of the taper is in the first 70% of the pedal's travel. At 70% of travel, the output is only 20% of maximum. The remaining 30% of travel goes from 20% to 100%.

I haven't fully played with it yet, and the numbers are going to be different for each model of pedal, but start by setting X to 70 and Y to 20 and see where that gets you. X should be between 50 and 80 and Y should be between 20 and 30 for any normal volume pedal. There should be an ideal set of numbers that correct each pedal, but we're going to have to figure out what they are.

Geek stuff: Volume pedals work differently than expression pedals - expression pedals have a linear taper. When the pedal is at 50% position, the value it sends to the GT is 50% of maximum. The pedal position = pedal value no matter where you are on the pedal. Volume pedals have an approximation of log taper. The first 50 to 70% of the pedal's travel has the value increasing slowly, and the last part increases much more quickly. X=70,Y=20 means that the slow part of the taper is in the first 70% of the pedal's travel. At 70% of travel, the output is only 20% of maximum. The remaining 30% of travel goes from 20% to 100%.

Thanks Ron,
I'll grab my soundsculpture volcano out of my rack this weekend and bring it home with the GT to start experimenting. I have both VPjr pedals so I should be able to figure out what values they need then it's a good start for others. As a side note, I always have to run pedal calibration on the pedal that is assigned to the volcano for it to work. It doesn't seem to store it. I have another VPjr that's assigned to a Line6 M5 and that works just fine. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Thanks Ron,
I'll grab my soundsculpture volcano out of my rack this weekend and bring it home with the GT to start experimenting. I have both VPjr pedals so I should be able to figure out what values they need then it's a good start for others. As a side note, I always have to run pedal calibration on the pedal that is assigned to the volcano for it to work. It doesn't seem to store it. I have another VPjr that's assigned to a Line6 M5 and that works just fine. Any idea why?

I don't know, someone else is also reporting this, but I can't figure it out. I've never used a Volcano, but they do seem to have some odd MIDI requirements. All I can say for sure is that the actual act of calibrating isn't it - the pedal remains calibrated in my tests, but there's something about the sequence of MIDI messages that happens when you go into setup, go through calibration and exit setup that enables the Volcano.

At what point exactly does it start working? While you're in calibration, right after calibrating, or after you exit setup?

BUG: Trying to save settings to a thumb drive does nothing from the GT16. Tried a few different flash drives.

Man the pedal auto switching to scene 1 got me a few times on Saturday;) uggh. No biggie. Come on next beta :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back