GT16 Loose Switches

JustDeano

I went to give my GT16 a wipe down yesterday and I noticed that quite a few of the footswitches were loose, has anyone else had this? I'm fine with tightening them back up but I was wondering can I just nip them tight without taking the unit apart or is it best to take it apart and support them from the underside whilst tightening from the top?

You can probably get away with tightening them from the top if you're careful, but you will have better long term results if you open it up and hold the switch body when tightening.

I open it up and use a Socket while I hold the Back of the Switch... with all the loud stages we play on they loosen up from time to time...

If it continues, a drop of blue Loc-tite on the inside of the nut would help. Kinda messy to apply, though.

...with all the loud stages we play on they loosen up from time to time.

Wow. Are you really saying that your stage volume is loud enough to loosen the switch nuts?!? Now THAT'S what I call LOUD! I'm hoping maybe they're getting loose from riding around in the truck OR you're wearing some kind of killer hearing protection...

Wow. Are you really saying that your stage volume is loud enough to loosen the switch nuts?!? Now THAT'S what I call LOUD! I'm hoping maybe they're getting loose from riding around in the truck OR you're wearing some kind of killer hearing protection...
This stage has crazy Subs ....

Attachments

• 4260A2F0-5E0A-41E5-A578-2FB6C09C58CE.jpeg
    4260A2F0-5E0A-41E5-A578-2FB6C09C58CE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Played at Mercury Ballroom in Lousiville a few times and the subs are so strong there, my wah would auto engage and go to it's full on position by it'self. Had to wrap a hair tie around the bottom to keep it from doing it.

Back