Need help assign button on RJM SP1 pedal AxeFx 3

79_Limited

Can someone point me to a write up or tutorial on how to assign the button on a Mission Engineering SP1 pedal? I would like to use both a wah block and volume block with the same pedal and use the button to switch between the two.

Well... That's a tough one. Since the Wah Block should go at the beginning of your signal (most situations) and the Volume Block should be somewhere after the amp (unless you want it to change the gain) you can't easily take the Multiplexer (MUX) route. You might get more help on the fractal forum for use cases. I think assigning the the Ext Switch to Bypass the Wah and activate the Volume on press and the opposite on the other press would be the easiest way but not very flexible. Assigning it to control the MUX or a clean boost creates better options down the road.

Calibrate the pedal in the mastermind first. So you might create an "IA Button" on Ext. Switch 1 and Insert Action type "CC toggle" (the default) and Click "Select CC" and add the first block. Click "Select CC" again and add the second block. On the second block reverse the On and Off CC values so they would flip. So basically they turn on one block and bypass the other at the same time. Then you assign the same External Control # to the Blocks in the Axe FX and finally you manually enter the CC values in Axe Fx > Setup > Midi/Remote > External. That should get you in the ballpark.

Really, there are about a half a dozen different ways. You could take the same approach by toggling the controller number with the Ext Switch and assigning controller 1 to Wah and Controller 2 to the other but not as practical but more flexible since you can assign the controller numbers in the Axe preset. Personally I would use the switch to control a Filter Block for a clean boost and get another pedal dedicated to volume. Whats another $hundo at this point? LoL I use the MUX to switch between Wah and Pitch (WHammy) for one pedal and have a second pedal dedicated to volume or delay via Axe preset assignments. I connect them directly to the Axe Fx for less setup hassles and Zero latency! I have 4 Ext Switches build by AE which is why I don't use the toe switch because that eats up 2 switches on the GT.

Since the GT allows you to assign certain functions at the preset level and the Axe Controller at the preset and scene level and you can have a total of six wired pedals the possibilities are endless and finding the exact setup tutorial doesn't exist. Find the workflow that works best for your music and stick to it. Picking a good path early helps though.

RJM Exp Setup

Multiplexer
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/multiplexer.135791/

Thank you this is a big help. Adding the IA switch is the part I was missing. It’s coming back to me as well as reversing the CC values. I think I’ll use the pitch block and Wah on the same pedal. I’ll use the pitch and wah more than the volume pedal anyway.

I’ve got two Mission pedals on the board but I do have one of the Dunlop mini expresssion pedals so I use it as a dedicated volume if I can get it to fit on the board. I can always just go old school and use the volume knob on my guitar :)

Thanks again.

Back