Ability to get Axe FX III Scene Names into IA Button

Is there a way (if not...It would be nice if there was) to dynamically load scene names from an Axe FX III preset into the buttons that controlled switching AxeFx scenes via cc commands. I know that you can load the presets and scenes names as actual presets within the GT, however this solution will not work for me. I am needing to recall certain presets/scenes within the AxeFX, along with various loops on the gizmo, etc to create certain presets for songs. I want the ability to toggle throughout scenes on the AxeFX as "essentially" additional effects in the chain and save that specific axe fx preset/scene as part of the GT Preset.

I can currently do this by creating a specific button for each distinct preset/scene on the AxeFX and it is working fine, but i was wondering if there was a more automated way to load the names into the Scene 1 - 8 buttons automatically. This would save on button pages :)

Greatly appreciate any help!

Any IA scene button that you create will automatically be populated with that preset's scene names. If you look at the Presets tab, there's a Scenes tab under it that allows you to set the scene names for each scene within that preset - those are the names that will be copied to the buttons.

If you run Get Preset Names, turn on Get Scenes and turn off Create Songs, it will read both scene and preset names from the Axe-Fx III, and the names will be displayed accordingly.

So i am probably just doing a bad job at explaining my issue/question. I understand you can import AXE FX Presets into the GT and get the scene names within the presets and then essentially construct your preset for a song or whatever around that specific AXE Preset. What i am asking is the inverse of that, or a "sub-preset" so to speak. Say i had a preset on my AxeFX SOLEY for adding different types of EQs in the signal chain pre my amp send; with scenes (Scene 1 - Flat, Scene 2 - Treble Boost, Scene 3 - Mid Boost, and so on...). Now say i am playing through a song constructed of 5 different presets already created, utilizing my gizmo and connected analog pedals, and in this certain PA the treble isn't cutting so i want to add (Scene 2 in the example above) to the base preset.

What i am imagining is a button page that has all of the 'Preset Names' from the Axe on it (Similar to the default button page for an effect gizmo), however when you click a preset, it changes the preset on the Axe FX to the corresponding one you selected and takes you to another button page with 8 scene buttons. These scene button names would reflect the 8 scenes of whatever preset you chose from the page before. Then you can hit IA Store and return to the main button page with your song presets...

Hopefully this makes sense. Sorry for the back and forth.....

For the time being i got things working in a more "manual" fashion by creating IA buttons (Send/Update on PC Change, Only ON Msgs) that send both a PC change to the AxeFX for the preset selection then a CC for a scene change. But i have to create a button for every distinct preset/scene i create on the AxeFX for these "additional effects". Then i can Store it and add that to the existing preset. The foundation of my question was driving to a more "automated" way of doing this. (ie. way to query each scene name dynamically, when i select or scroll through AxeFX presets.)

So, if I understand this correctly, you want to be able to select which Axe-Fx preset and scene are associated with a GT preset? (Without using the editor or setup mode).

If you only need a small number of Axe-Fx presets, then you should be able to create a page of grouped IA buttons, each with a PC action to select the Axe-Fx preset and a System / Page action to switch you to the scenes page. Make sure that the buttons have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on, so that the buttons will respond to IA Store.

Then, create another button page with grouped scene buttons, also with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on.

Back